Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help me please! How do I change my preferences to accept overseas buyer??

(13 Posts)
lordsugarslovechild Mon 06-Jun-11 17:26:22

I have a potential customer in Ireland but she can't bid on my item. I've tried to change my settings but it just seems to keep it at No International Postage. What am I doing wrong, does anyone know? I'm new to all this.

TIA

blackeyeddog Wed 08-Jun-11 14:04:04

I'm afraid I have no idea what the answer is to your question.

Meanwhile do you know if I can use ordinary bathroom scales to weigh my items? I generally guess the weight/postage but that is obviously unbusinesslike (as you would clearly know what with your close connection to surallen and all wink).

lordsugarslovechild Wed 08-Jun-11 15:01:07

Actually I did find out the answer eventually (long, involved, boring...). I guess I'm not the business genius dad hoped I would be after all grin.

Thanks for answering, Dog. MN can be so lonely sometimes.

blackeyeddog Wed 08-Jun-11 15:43:13

awww. bet you're brilliant at it, chip off the old block and all that.

But what about the bathroom scale/ weighing thing I asked about? I can't just keep on guessing the weight, misjudging mightily and splashing out on extra postage costs it's ridiculoppus.

blackeyeddog Wed 08-Jun-11 15:43:56

ridiculoppus ?? grin

sixlostmonkeys Wed 08-Jun-11 16:00:08

bathroom scales are no good for a ridiculoppus. The zoo would be best best place to go and borrow their scales.

any other item would be ok with digital bathroom scales or flat kitchen scales.

lordsugarslovechild Wed 08-Jun-11 16:11:44

Dog, your iphone is obviously getting creative with spellings wink.

I do find sometimes that I become a wonderful free service for people who just want virtually unobtainable items for no money at a fraction of the real postal costs hmm.

blackeyeddog Wed 08-Jun-11 16:35:55

Thanks sixlostmonkeys finally someone tells me. smile

lordsugarslovechild - I thought you were going to say I do find sometimes that I become a wonderful free service for people who just want virtually ALL their useless questions answered on this fucking forum

Honestly I did.

lordsugarslovechild Wed 08-Jun-11 17:01:37

No. I'm the sad clodpate expecting that service from all other mumsnetters smile.

Anyway. Is it it wine o' clock yet? I need to get in the mood for tonight's show.

lordsugarslovechild Wed 08-Jun-11 17:04:19

Oh dog. Be a love and answer my other thread too.

(its the really boring one no one can be bothered with.)

blackeyeddog Wed 08-Jun-11 18:29:25

oh I thopught this was the really boring one no one can be bothered with. Never mind off I hop to find your other one <yawn>

Let's crack open the wine now LSLC I'm gaspin' - we'll get this thread onto Discussions of the Day yet smile smile.

sixlostmonkeys Wed 08-Jun-11 18:44:41

did someone mention wine?

lordsugarslovechild Wed 08-Jun-11 19:10:58

Yep. I've opened the red chilean. Let me pour you both a glass. Its the only way to liven up my dull threads.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: