Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What is the etiquette with non-payers on Ebay

(21 Posts)
moomoo1967 Mon 06-Jun-11 16:59:10

The listings for two items finished on 28th May, I sent the invoice that same hour.
4th June still no payment, so I send another invoice asking if they still want the item if not then please let me know so that I can relist.
I realise that they could have been away for half term but surely the schools are back now.
I was going to email them again on 11th June which would then have been two weeks since the auction ended.
Can I then relist or is there some sort of other procedure that I need to go through ?

moomoo1967 Mon 06-Jun-11 16:59:30

Oh and what is a Second Chance offer ?

Marne Mon 06-Jun-11 17:04:08

e-mail them and report them to ebay for unpayed item, if you dont hear back within a day or 2 then offer it to the next bidder or re-list.

moomoo1967 Mon 06-Jun-11 17:10:53

ok thanks so I'm not being unreasonable then. I thought maybe I was being a bit mean

Marne Mon 06-Jun-11 17:22:50

No your not, i had one last week, they did contact me several times saying they would pay wed, wed came and they sent another message saying 'i will pay next wed' angry, i said 'no' and i relisted. Sellers have 7 days to pay, if they dont pay in thet time then you are in your rights to re-list or offer to the next bidder.

WillbeanChariot Mon 06-Jun-11 17:30:16

I sold about 12 things recently and had two non payers. I looked at the threads on here, opened cases etc and had no contact from either one of them at all! Is this common? Do they get any sanction from Ebay? It's a bit annoying that you can't leave feedback flagging up a non payer I think.

Sorry for hijack OP.

fergoose Mon 06-Jun-11 17:34:46

don't relist or offer to under bidder until non payer case has been cclosedd

Marne Mon 06-Jun-11 17:37:19

If you repport them then they will get a 'unpaid item strike', if they get 3 strikes (i think) they are no longger allowed to buy/sell on e-bay (although they can set up another account), it anoys me that people do this, why bother bidding if your not going to pay? I t happens to me a lot and often its bidders with not much feedback.

WillbeanChariot Mon 06-Jun-11 18:20:03

Thanks it's good to know at least they get a strike. It is really annoying, why not just send a quick message saying they don't want it any more? If I relist my items can I prevent these people from bidding again?

Marne Mon 06-Jun-11 18:24:35

Yes, there is a way of blocking them from bidding again (i think you can block them from bidding on any of your items), not sure how you do it though as i havn't done it for a while (e-bay keep changng things).

fergoose Mon 06-Jun-11 18:46:22

put them on your blocked bidder list here

offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

moomoo1967 Tue 07-Jun-11 06:02:59

Thanks for your comments and don't worry WillBean smile
All I'm doing is trying to raise enough money to pay for DDs residential trip so it's annoying when people are behaving like this.

TheFrogs Tue 07-Jun-11 06:15:00

It's been a few years since i've sold anything on ebay but i'm pretty sure I had something on my listings to say payment was required in x amount of days...do you have this?

I only ever had trouble with one girl, opened a dispute so I could relist...which she ignored until the very last minute literally!

moomoo1967 Tue 07-Jun-11 06:20:39

No I haven't, can you do a template for when you list ? Or do I have to do it through Turbo lister. bit bizarre I have just checked out the Feedback on one of them, he has 100% but there are 10 feedbacks from the same seller for the same item all made within a 48 hour time span saying what a good payer he is !

moomoo1967 Tue 07-Jun-11 06:23:44

The other buyer also has lots of positive feedback for being a quick payer. I think I will give them until this Sat which will be two weeks since they won the items. Then I will send them an email saying that I will have to report them for being a non payer so that I can claim my listing fees etc back.

fergoose Tue 07-Jun-11 08:18:59

don't wait that long - just start the dispute now. If they haven't paid by now they prob won't do.

moomoo1967 Tue 07-Jun-11 09:46:53

Grrr why on earth do they do it ! They must be addicted to the buzz of winning the bid I suppose or maybe are they hoping that sellers will post the item without having had payment.

moomoo1967 Tue 07-Jun-11 12:36:18

If I start a dispute, does that then mean that I cannot relist the item until it has been resolved ?

fergoose Tue 07-Jun-11 13:08:01

yes - don't relist until dispute is finished and closed.

WillbeanChariot Tue 07-Jun-11 16:37:15

Thankyou fergoose, I have blocked them.

moomoo1967 Tue 14-Jun-11 19:52:58

Hi the two nonpayers that I sent to a dispute well their time to reply is up tomorrow. Am I right I in thinking that I just close the dispute and it is all over and done with and I can relist the items ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: