Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer keeps bidding on more items without paying - what to do!

(8 Posts)
flabbyapronbelly Sun 05-Jun-11 22:34:56

Sold quite a few small items to someone last weekend. I sent an invoice with no response then a nice email saying would like to get items in the post asap and requested payment. SHe then replied that she was bidding on more items (all ending today) and wanted to wait so I would combine postage. I said fine to this. I have now seen that she has bid on another item which does not end until next Sunday. Don't know what to do as want to get them posted and need the money! Any ideas on how to proceed. She didn't end up winning any more items this weekend and obv no guarantee she will win the item she has now bid on. Thanks for advice!

belledechocchipcookie Sun 05-Jun-11 22:36:38

Tell her you'd like paying of you'll file her as a non-payer. It sounds like she's stalling.

LaurieFairyCake Sun 05-Jun-11 22:38:29

Well I can see why she would if you've put a load of clothes the same size at different times or something - maybe she's into your stuff smile couldn't you cut her a little slack?

flabbyapronbelly Sun 05-Jun-11 22:48:13

Its lots of baby/toddler toys. I run it as a small business (is registered with HMRC!)
Do want to assume the best, but is annoying in that I need the money! Money I make from it basically pays for anything totally non essential and really don't want to wait another week! Plus she may then want more of my stuff as will be putting more on in next few days so could potentially be never ending!
So not sure whether to put some kind of a deadline or give her some kind of repeat customer discount or something to prevent ill feeling and bad feedback?

ConstantlyCooking Mon 06-Jun-11 09:50:31

Why not give her a choice:
1. She pays you now for the items she has won and you hold onto them and reduce the postage costs on any later items she wins to reflect the lower cost.
She will need to wait for delivery until the latest item closes.
2. She pays now and you post now.

fergoose Mon 06-Jun-11 09:52:30

or she pays for what she has won so far and you send it now - and you offer her 10% off her next 3 purchases

fergoose Mon 06-Jun-11 09:56:01

just remembered - can't you change your settings stating buyers can only buy a set amount of items - I think it may be 10 in a set period

Here, found it. You can set limits here

pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#set

flabbyapronbelly Mon 06-Jun-11 13:06:31

Thanks people for your replies - have sent her a nice message offering my usual discount off her next item so fingers crossed it works

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: