Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I think I just ordered stuff to my old address

(5 Posts)
APieOfButter Sun 05-Jun-11 21:35:29

I am a nobber. I just paid for a big ebay order from different sellers (treating us all to some new bedding and pillows) and then a couple of hours later ordered a little thing for my nana. When I went to change the address in paypal so it would be delivered to her, I noticed it was defaulted to my old address, and I don't remember changing it the first time.

Currently in dispute with the ex landlord so little to no chance I would get it back if it went there.

What do I do???

I have a Royal Mail diversion set up, but that wouldn't cover it if they decided to send by courier, would it?

APieOfButter Sun 05-Jun-11 21:38:36

Just checked. Yes, I did order it to the old address. There are pillows and bedsheets for a family of four - it's a lot of stuff to lose. What can I do?

Sleepyspaniel Sun 05-Jun-11 21:56:41

Contact the seller quickly and explain the situation, ask them not to post it to the old address and give them the new? You are lucky it's a Sunday as they have likely not posted or even dealt with your order yet.

APieOfButter Mon 06-Jun-11 15:55:06

Gah, there were a few sellers (paid on one paypal doodah) and one says she has already sent it! She sent it by HDNL. So I suppose that is £14.99 down the drain. Oh God, and the old landlord discovering my ebay username. Great.

McTemp Mon 06-Jun-11 16:03:56

I did this once - £100 worth of neon pink tutus and leg warmers for a hen weekend, that got sent to my old address 150miles away from my new one.

Contacted the seller almost immediately, but he said he had already posted it (within an hour!) and then never got my money and/or parcel ever again. Was gutted, but its not a mistake I'll ever make again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now