Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay advice, Non payment.

(3 Posts)
chickydoo Sun 05-Jun-11 13:01:42

HI
Have been buying and selling bits and pieces on ebay for a year or 2.
Have 100% positive feedback. A couple of days ago I sold a new water pump.
Very hevy item so I put pick up only on the listing. Someone won the item for £40.00
They then asked if I would post it, I said no as it was heavy, had already stated pick up only. To be honest the hassle of finding a box suitable for it, packing it all up and sending it is not what I want to do. Item is so heavy it would be a real pain.
The buyer was quite rude and said in his email that he would bid for a similar item instead? Surely he has agreed to pay, so isn't that what he should do. He should have asked me about the postage before he bid.
What should I do if he refuses to pay. I just want to get rid of the pump (and the £40 will come in very handy)
any help much appreciated
Thanks

Madlizzy Sun 05-Jun-11 13:03:18

I'd raise it as a non paying bidder with Ebay resolution.

fergoose Sun 05-Jun-11 13:04:11

wait until 4 days after end of auction then open up a non payment dispute. Select resolve a problem from the drop down list next to the item. Then after 3 days you can close - get your fees back, and buyer gets a strike. they then cannot leave neg fb. Then relist.

Unfortunately if they refuse to pay there's nothing you can do except file a non paying bidder report and relist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now