Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

GRRRR, sellers bidding on their own items

(6 Posts)
bumpyboo Sun 05-Jun-11 11:02:42

So irritating. Trying to buy a bed frame and looked at the bid history. Both of the other bidders have a record of bidding only on that sellers items. Am I right that means the seller is bidding against me to try and bump the price? What do you do about this?

sixlostmonkeys Sun 05-Jun-11 11:18:42

you can report them.
click on report from this page -> pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html

bumpyboo Sun 05-Jun-11 11:28:00

thanks six, will do that

Tryharder Sun 05-Jun-11 16:44:09

That's interesting. How can you tell if a bidder only bids on a particular seller's items. The bidders are always anonymous. I'd really like to know this as shill bidding really pisses me off.

RunforFun Sun 05-Jun-11 19:49:14

Could be, but might not be especiallly if the bidder doesnt buy a lot of things.

If they are keen on this item they may put 2 or 3 bids on and their activity with this buyer will be 100%. This could be genuine.

On the other hand i would follow your gut instinct and report.

Vix1980 Mon 06-Jun-11 10:31:38

Hi tryharder, if you click on the bid history on the auction page, it shows how many bidders there are, you click on 1 of them and it shows how much bid history they have with this seller, If its near 100% they could either be new and have only just started bidding or generally it means the seller has another account or someone to bid against their items for them.

I won a cable knit cardigan recently, stayed at 1.50 all week then the final day shot up to £16 when i looked at the bid history i noticed another bidder only bidding against this sellers items so after it had ended and id won the item i emailed the saller to say i had recieved an email from ebay warning me against her as they had noticed a pattern of shill bidding, i also argued that i would of won the cardigan for the amount i had first entered. Without even arguing it she sent me an invoice for the £1.50 plus p&P.

Definatly dodgy some of them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: