Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Fucking twat of a buyer

(4 Posts)
chocolatebuttontheif Sat 18-Dec-10 17:53:31

Sorry for the title but I'm really angry.

I sold a phone cover to someone (in perfect condition). A few days later they left me bad feedback calling me an idiot because the item was damaged. I have an item damaged in the post before, the guy emailed me with the problem, I sent a replacement and everyone was happy, they even left good feedback for me being a helpful seller.

Anyway, I sent him an e-mail saying that the item was fine when I sent it and must have been damaged in the post. I also said that if he had just contacted me with the problem before leaving bad feedback I would have been more than happy to refund it or send a replacement.

I received an e-mail back a few minutes ago saying that clearly I am an idiot for selling faulty goods and that he wants a replacement. I sent back an angry message re-iterating what I said in my previous e-mail.

What would you do in these circumstances? Do I have anything to lose by ignoring him/refusing to send a replacement as he has already left bad feedback anyway?

ragged Sat 18-Dec-10 18:27:28

If you talk him around couldn't you both mutually retract FB? Sounds like a prat who wouldn't do that, though.

Go to Ebay fora, you'll get best advice there.

classydiva Sat 18-Dec-10 20:47:47

He could file item not as described which will count against your seller performance, try not to let him go to dispute if you can help it, keep it sweet and he may well revise the feedback.

Tryharder Sun 19-Dec-10 00:13:51

There are some very, very unreasonable people out there and all are ebay users....

Could you not report him to ebay for his offensive insulting emails? I'd be tempted to tell him to stick his replacement, he's already left his negative feedback and doesn't sound like the kind of person to revise it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now