Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Bloody Paypal. Limited account - Help

(11 Posts)
MrsKitty Tue 14-Dec-10 23:17:32

Bloody Paypal have limited my account for some reason angry and won't let me send any money. The only reason I can think is that I added a new credit card last week as the old one was about to expire.

I've gone to the resolution page and done as requested - changed password/security questions/confirmed tel no, but they are also asking for my bank details to complete the checklist. I don't want my bank details on Paypal - that's what my credit card is for!

Any advice on how to get round this? I need it sorted asap as I have two items [lovely Boden stuff grin) waiting to be paid for.

mogs0 Tue 14-Dec-10 23:35:11

Phone them.

I had a similar problem last month - twice.

I was on hold for ages (it felt like ages anyway!) but once I got to speak to someone it was resolved in seconds.

MrsKitty Tue 14-Dec-10 23:43:44

Thanks mogs,

Will try to find time to call them tomorrow (because it's not like I haven't got enough stuff to deal with already...) Bloody Paypal.

mogs0 Tue 14-Dec-10 23:46:26

I know, it was a pita when it happened to mine. I wanted to withdraw my winnings but couldn't. Then I got it fixed and 24hrs later someone hacked my account and PP stopped the money I'd tried to withdraw.

MrsKitty Tue 14-Dec-10 23:59:04

shock.

mogs0 Wed 15-Dec-10 00:01:29

It's all fine now. Money has been moved to my bank and no further problems - touch wood!!

classydiva Wed 15-Dec-10 08:33:21

Glad it is all fine, you will need to verify your bank details when you reach the sending/receiving limits, if you don't you will not be able to use your account.

MrsKitty Wed 15-Dec-10 08:55:48

Called this morning - All fine now. Thanks for advice.

ClassyDiva - If I reached my spending limits of PP I'd be in trouble grin.

RunforFun Thu 16-Dec-10 09:26:06

So is it absolutely essential to have your bank details verified ?

The thing is I dont want to put my bank details on as well, they have already got my credit card details

I am approaching my limit of £1000 ( is that right ?)and keep getting emails saying I am approaching the sending limit ... maybe its all good in that its a way of curbing my spending whilst still selling grin

classydiva Thu 16-Dec-10 09:41:06

When you reach 1850 you have to put your bank details on and go through the two deposit process, you can remove them once you are verified though.

RunforFun Thu 16-Dec-10 10:15:53

Aah, thats sounds quite sensible. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now