Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Urgent! Sniping question.

(12 Posts)
glasjam Thu 09-Dec-10 15:30:12

Right there is a toy on ebay that I really want to win. Having been pipped at the post so many times now by sniper bids I've bit the bullet and signed up to one. Now I've set myself a max bid that will go on 5 secs before closing. So obviously that's not showing on the ebay auction at the moment and the price is still the same as it was before. What will happen if the price is sitting at say £20 before the auction ends and I then my sniper bid goes in at £40 - will I have to pay £40 or will ebay do what it usually does and just go up to £21?

Be grateful for any replies - the auction ends at 7.30 tonight.

Rachy91 Thu 09-Dec-10 15:32:48

i really dont know about sniper bids but could it be like a maximum bid? so if someone else bids above the £20 itll automaticaly bid again for you?

sorry thats not much help :s

DaisySteiner Thu 09-Dec-10 15:33:54

It works exactly like a maximum bid - that's basically what the sniper does, places your max bid for you at the last minute.

OnEdge Thu 09-Dec-10 15:34:10

what is a sniper bid ?

OnEdge Thu 09-Dec-10 15:34:51

it will just go up to the maximum bid i spose, not your total of £40

glasjam Thu 09-Dec-10 16:04:37

Thanks all!

glasjam Thu 09-Dec-10 20:15:09

Can confirm that it does what ebay usually does and just rounds it up to the next bid. Have won something on ebay for the first time in AGES - well chuffed!

SpotSplatterSplash Thu 09-Dec-10 21:11:20

Love snipers.

Talkinpeace Thu 09-Dec-10 22:29:29

when I manually snipe I go for my maximum bid with 4 seconds to go
if I lose, I'd not have gone any higher
if I win ...
I'd do the same on an auto

hope you did not pay for the snipe
all the good ones let you do a couple for free

classydiva Fri 10-Dec-10 10:29:32

it will go up by the next bid increment, so providing there are no other bidders you will win at 21.00.

glasjam Fri 10-Dec-10 15:24:12

I used Justsnipe - resorted to it when I was repeatedly being outbid by obvious sniper bids. It's free.

SpotSplatterSplash Fri 10-Dec-10 15:30:32

mibay - it's free too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: