Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Too late to sell?

(8 Posts)
higgle Mon 06-Dec-10 15:26:55

I had a bi;t o;f a blits on ebay a few weks ago, but I have still got 27 items of quite nice clothes sitting on my spare bed - Toast, Next, Boden etc. I really want to list it all on Thursday and see the back of it for Christmas - is it too late to be worth doing now?

HelloKittyIsMyBitch Mon 06-Dec-10 15:31:03

Buy It Now

DinosaursHateUnderpants Mon 06-Dec-10 18:07:26

You could list on Tuesday evening for 5 days as auction (or BIN) and have it end on Sunday (12th) evening and so long as they pay promptly and you send 1st class you could get things sent before last Christmas posting day. And I'd mention that in your listings too.

higgle Mon 06-Dec-10 22:19:32

I'm not too concerned about the people getting the items as they are not at all Christmassy - just concerned about whether they will bid!

Danthe4th Mon 06-Dec-10 22:24:07

I don't do auctions anymore I do BIN at a reasonable price and list it for 30days and it all seems to go. Do a completed listing search first to make sure you price it about right. Lots of people can't be bothered to wait for an aiction to finish, me included.

higgle Tue 07-Dec-10 16:43:04

I've never tried doing BIN - actually I quite like the excitement of the auction - for everything that goes for 99p there is something that inexplicably goes up to £40. Have decided I'll just list on Thursday anyway, end it on 19th and post as usual. If I net £100 for the lot I'll at least have an empty spare room for Christmas and some money to cover the excess spending sure to arise.

classydiva Tue 07-Dec-10 19:32:59

Not too late at all, list now on a 3 day listing, giving enough time to relist, dont use BIN's people looking for bargains look in Auction only format.

You could safely send on the 17th in time for Christmas, after Christmas be real slow on eBay always is.

higgle Tue 07-Dec-10 21:25:51

Thanks Classydiva, decided I will sell before Christmas - can't bear the thought of it handing around any longer. I have a clear conscience, I've got 2 bags for the charity shop too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: