Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Parcel Hasn't Turned Up for Buyer, What shall I do??

(6 Posts)
MumOfMadTwo Sun 05-Dec-10 07:07:02

I posted a next cardigan straight after the buyer made payment on the 18/11/10. She has now emailed me to ask where it is. All my other items have arrived, unfortunately I only posted it 2nd class unrecorded as the transaction was under £10 including postage. I have 100% feedback and am very new to selling. What should my response be?

classydiva Sun 05-Dec-10 10:56:35

Refund in full and apologise, then claim from RM.

sybilfaulty Sun 05-Dec-10 14:07:08

Can I ask a related Q? I have sent an item (£30) by first class recorded but it seems that the Post office have lost it.

I have looked on the RM website and once you have waited 3 weeks from delivery you can make a claim. I emailed the buyer and offered to refund her and just claim the £££ for myself but she says she'd rather wait and see if the item turns up. What should I do? It seems that the item is lost for ever, so waiting isn't doing any good. She's now getting antsy and saying it's over a month since she paid, where is it, etc etc, and I am unclear how to reply. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

sybilfaulty Sun 05-Dec-10 14:57:19

classydiva Sun 05-Dec-10 16:38:28

Advise that the item appears to be lost so you will refund in full and you claim from RM. Give her the tracking so she can check herself if she likes.

sybilfaulty Sun 05-Dec-10 17:18:14

Thanks for that.

Have already given her the tracking but she has been told that it might turn up and apparently I, as sender, can find the parcel! The RM website seems to suggest that once it is in the system, they cannot tell where it is until it is signed for so if it is lost, it is gone for ever.

I will contact her and suggest a refund,whilst claiming from Royal Mail. Presumably then if it does turn up at her end she can get the parcel, whilst I still get my money back for the refund.

Ebay is great when it all works, isn't it, but a total pain in the arse when it doesn't.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: