Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Non-payer, piss taker - what do I do now?

(15 Posts)
earwicga Thu 02-Dec-10 16:58:04

I sold a BIN item. The 'buyer' didn't pay, despite several invoices sent - no response. I opened up a case to cancel the transaction, the 'buyer' has rejected the cancellation.

I now can't work out what to do as I don't have an option of opening another case against the 'buyer' and she is obviously not paying. Not sure why somebody would do this as I always pay straightaway.

The 'buyer' has zero feedback, and I have blocked her from bidding on anything else of mine.

What do I do now? I've changed the number available on the BIN listing so it will still sell, but what do I do with this transaction?

nannynobblystockingnobs Thu 02-Dec-10 17:04:02

BIN?

earwicga Thu 02-Dec-10 17:04:21

Buy it now.

You should open an unpaid item case - the only way the buyer can close the case is by paying - if she doesn't pay then you can close the case and get all your fees back.

earwicga Thu 02-Dec-10 18:17:04

It won't let me do that though, neither will it let me leave negative feedback to warn others. I suppose it doesn't matter too much as I haven't sent the item. Bloody odd ebayer though.

Sorry, maybe it won't let you because you've already tried another option - might be worth contacting ebay support by email anyway and see if there is anything they can do.

earwicga Fri 03-Dec-10 11:17:20

I think that's it. Shouldn't have done the 'cancellation' option.

Do you have a email address for ebay support as I can't find it on the website?

ledkr Fri 03-Dec-10 11:26:16

i hate e bay. Someone bought Lelly Kellies then opend up a dispute to say she hadnt recived them but sent me a message in feedback to say"recieved" then refused to answer any further correspondance from me or paypal who then found in her favour.Have never done it since and never will!!

earwicga Fri 03-Dec-10 11:30:02

I have now found live chat and apparently they 'know what you are feeling right now'. It's very funny.

Sorry about that ledkr - I am hoping that none of my buyers are that shitty.

earwicga Fri 03-Dec-10 12:20:07

Fucked up live chat as there was a long wait and I missed it when there was somebody there.

Anyone got an email address?

classydiva Fri 03-Dec-10 14:21:48

Why not put immediate payment on your BIN's.

Now that the buyer has refused to cancel he has the right to leave a neg and you cannot do anything about it.

Never go the mutual route, always the non paying bidder route.

earwicga Fri 03-Dec-10 14:26:50

I have to change my paypal account or something to do immediate payment. Will get round to that when I get a chance.

Great, negative feedback from a non-payer would be fantastic! I've learnt my lesson now. Just can't understand the pleasure somebody would get from doing this. Very odd.

I've found this on the ebay site:

Send us an email
To email Customer Support, click the Contact us button located on the right side and at the bottom of help pages. Depending on your question, it may take 24 to 72 hours to receive an email response.

Talkinpeace Fri 03-Dec-10 17:47:52

have you filed an NPB rather than a cancellation - which implies mutuual?

earwicga Sat 04-Dec-10 00:08:56

No, it won't let me Talkinpeace. There is no option now because I filed the flipping cancellation request. Bloody weirdo declined to cancel - I thought I was doing her a favour but obviously not as she is a malicious bidder, probably selling the same thing as me. I'll navigate the questions in Contact Us section that Dinosaurs has located for me (cheers!) tomorrow when I am less tired.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now