Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What is most effective response to negative feedback?

(8 Posts)
GrungeBlobPrimpants Thu 02-Dec-10 16:16:34

I sold a Bratz doll for the massive sum of 99p hmm, left fab feedback for buyer (instant payment), I do a lot of buyer servicing like contacting to let them know date and time of posting, any queries please let me know etc

When I get feedback it is generally fab <preen> with emphasis on accuracy of description

Anyhow, buyer gives me a neg says it's not a Bratz, false & misleading advertising etc in a tone which makes me think 'sod it, I'm not offering you a refund if you behave like that sunshine' besides which as far as I know it is certainly a Bratz.

So ladies, what should I do? Ignore, or respond to it ..?

earwicga Thu 02-Dec-10 19:44:33

Depends on whether it was a Bratz doll or not really. Can you link to the doll?

southeastastra Thu 02-Dec-10 19:47:16

email seller offering refund, if they want one, then ask them to retract.

otherwise just add factual comment like 'buyer gave me no chance to rectify'

SoupDragon Thu 02-Dec-10 19:49:07

This is why I never leave feedback until i am certain the buyer is happy.

SoupDragon Thu 02-Dec-10 19:49:38

I'd just add a comment stating that it was genuine and that the buyer had not complained.

GrungeBlobPrimpants Fri 03-Dec-10 11:53:08

Oh thankyou ladies - sorry got thrown off computer by dc's yesterday afternoon and so did not have chance to respond.

I was in a pretty belligerent mood yesterday!

It was a present dd was given about 8 years ago and my recollection (and dd's) is that it was certainly the real thing. In perfect condition as she never liked it or played with it. The photo was pretty clear so if it obviously wasn't when she unwrapped it then that would have been obvious on the photo iykwim.

Think I will phrase a businesslike response as you suggest and move on ...

Talkinpeace Fri 03-Dec-10 17:49:05

With responding to negs, less is always more
and if you sell a fair bit, it will be gone from your first page PDQ

HelloKittyIsMyBitch Mon 06-Dec-10 15:17:52

Can you post the photo here? I'm good with Bratz dolls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now