Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

overseas buyer

(6 Posts)
create Wed 01-Dec-10 20:12:24

I have a light weight low value item listed and have received a request from a buyer in Eastern Europe to quote postage.

If I do quote, how do I amend the total cost when the sale closes to include the revised postage charge?

There's quite a bit of interest in the item, so I don't need this buyer. Would it be off of me to say I don't post overseas? Have a feeling there's catch somewhere, as I can't see why you would go to the trouble of arranging overseas delivery for this item, it's really nothing special.

blueshoes Wed 01-Dec-10 20:23:00

You don't have to quote, of course.

I never found it more troublesome to post overseas, especially if you have a light weight item. You can just weigh it and check against the tariff on the Royal Mail website and put the appropriate value of stamp.

I go to the post office anyway, whether for UK only or overseas items, because I get a certificate of posting, so no difference to me. But you could still post overseas packages without going to a post office.

create Wed 01-Dec-10 20:27:11

Thanks blueshoes, but how do we go about settling up? ie the amount + postage will be different to the amount on the item page, which only quotes UK postage

earwicga Wed 01-Dec-10 20:48:51

I think you ask them to buy but not pay and then amend the invoice before sending. You may need to change the buyer requirements if you have it set up so overseas buyers can't bid.

blueshoes Wed 01-Dec-10 21:33:52

ear is right.

classydiva Thu 02-Dec-10 08:32:14

Add them to your buyers excemption list, and if they win revise the invoice before you send it to show international postage. Do not press recalculate though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now