Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Email asking to 'exempt me from buyer requirements' - what does it mean?

(10 Posts)
earwicga Sat 27-Nov-10 22:16:50

Hi all, just started selling some stuff on ebay last week and going ok. I got this email today and have no idea what it means? Anyone know?

'i m still interested in bidding on this item. can i bid for this item and can you exempt me from any buyer requirements.'

I don't even know what buyer requirements there are other than paying for the item?!?

lisad123isgoingcrazy Sat 27-Nov-10 22:19:54

no idea!! never heard that one before, but sounds to me like they are saying can they bid but not pay! confused

SoupDragon Sat 27-Nov-10 22:21:21

Have specified Uk only or that yOu only accept bids from people with a certain amount of feedback?

SoupDragon Sat 27-Nov-10 22:22:08

Crap typing. Lying in bed with iPad.

ChateauRouge Sat 27-Nov-10 22:43:10

It will be to do with the settings you set when you listed the item- as soupy said maybe you said no-one with 0 feedback, or people in certain countries (I don't post to Italy, as the postal service is horrific, and items have gone astray previously).

Timbachick Sat 27-Nov-10 22:54:28

This is all to do with settings listing those people you will NOT accept bids from.

These are usually places that are unreliable to send to, people who may never have bought/sold on ebay before and therefore have no history, people who have received negative feedback etc etc.

You need to find out why her bid is being refused/stopped - is she in a country that you have set as being one you will not send to?

I think, if I recall correctly, that ebay have a default setting when you sell stuff so you may not be aware of setting any of these perameters. Go into revise listing, go to the buyers requirements (somewhere near the price/postage area) and reset your list.

earwicga Sat 27-Nov-10 23:11:29

Thanks for the answers.

I've checked the ebayer and s/he is UK with 22 positive feedbacks. I'll message back to find out what s/he means and post back if I get an answer.

sixlostmonkeys Sun 28-Nov-10 07:19:17

I have had this happen a couple of times, both times they have exceded the number of unpaid item disputes. Both times I have replied very politely explaining that my activity log indicates that they have too many unpaid item strikes. Both times they have responsed with loads of abuse and I have been so glad I didn't make an exception for them.

Have a look for the reason here Home > My eBay > My Account > Preferences > Buyer Requirements Activity Log

classydiva Sun 28-Nov-10 11:16:33

It could be because they have no PayPal account linked, they may not live in a country you ship to.

Check their feedback if you are happy for them to bid put them here;

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPer mitLogin

earwicga Sun 28-Nov-10 14:05:03

Thanks sixlostmonkeys - it doesn't show who the bidder is but I assume the emailer is one of the two that are showing as 'Too many Unpaid Item strikes' so I won't be permitting them to bid.

I'll remember that classydiva for when I need to do that.

There's so many little techinical bits on ebay! How lovely this section is here on MN for help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now