Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Would buying a Wii from eBay be safe?

(14 Posts)
KatyMac Mon 22-Nov-10 20:57:35

I am seeing loads at 99p

They may be broken

They may not exist

I am cynical & distrusting or is it that dodgy unsafe?

RoobyMurray Mon 22-Nov-10 20:59:28

er, 99p?

What do you think?

KatyMac Mon 22-Nov-10 21:00:02

Well that's it isn't it

How bizarre

RoobyMurray Mon 22-Nov-10 21:00:31

mind you, at 99p, would it matter?

(unless they were exploding wiis or something)

KatyMac Mon 22-Nov-10 21:04:19

Yeah but how many would you have to buy so you got all the bit that worked........

SpotSplatterSplash Mon 22-Nov-10 21:27:09

If it's too good to be true....

A friend bought a "wii" from Ebay last year, it turned out to be some dodgy thing that you plug straight into the television.

Unfortunately she didn't pay only 99p for it though.

marriednotdead Mon 22-Nov-10 21:28:08

We bought ours from ebay. Made sure it was a UK seller with very high feedback and that was it really. Was a damned sight more than 99p though grin

Some people start auctions at 99p to generate more interest, I bet you they don't finish anywhere near that. Sort them by time ending soonest and watch an auction end to get a realistic expectation.

TragicallyHip Mon 22-Nov-10 21:31:07

They will start at 99p and because of the amount of people bidding it will go up quite alot. How long does the auction go for?

RoobyMurray Mon 22-Nov-10 21:44:31

I do know someone who bought an "iPhone" for a tenner from eBay. It never worked.

iheartdusty Mon 22-Nov-10 21:44:31

plenty of people will have got one on amazon today for £50 - they will be on ebay pretty soon.

classydiva Mon 22-Nov-10 22:49:43

Never had any SNAD items on eBay been lucky.

brokenangel Mon 22-Nov-10 22:51:15

All starting bids on EBAY begin at 99p generally and then the bidding begins.I have bought loads from Ebay and never had a problem apart from saving loads of cash!

bettiboo Tue 30-Nov-10 19:30:34

I bought a decent one (over £100) from Ebay this year and it's been ok.

classydiva Tue 30-Nov-10 20:20:58

nothing wrong with buying anything from eBay. I have purchased two laptops that worked for over a year, the price I paid made it viable for them to only last a year. I have purchased a faulty one repaired it and sold it for double.

You are protected with PayPal for up to 45 days, however if you file a dispute on day 44 you get a further 20 days to escalate giving you 64 days protection, however it is knowing if it is going to go wrong or not on day 44.

Plus if you pay via a debit card displaying the VISA logo, or even a credit card you get 90 days protection as you can initiate a chargeback. Not all cards allow it though but they generally do.

However, if you want a years guarantee buy from the high street.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now