Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What's going on with me having to claim payments and why doesn't it seem to work?

(14 Posts)
tutu100 Mon 22-Nov-10 08:22:30

I've sold some things this weekend and through ebay I have recieved 3 messages saying that each payment needs to be claimed. I have followed the links in the emails which take me to my paypal account, but when I log into that there are no signs of these payments at all.

What's going on? I want to send the items out quickly, but obviously don't want to do this until I can see the payments in paypal. I have over 300 feedback, so it's not because I'm new.

sixlostmonkeys Mon 22-Nov-10 09:39:12

is the correct email addy on the listings? does the email addy match the one in paypal?

tutu100 Mon 22-Nov-10 09:52:34

Yes I've checked both those things. The only thing that has changed recently is we had to add another card as the expiry date on the one linked to paypal was about to run out.

The account is in DP's name so I can't phone them up to sort it out.

OsbegaEthewulf Mon 22-Nov-10 09:55:25

did you confirm the credit card by checking the small amount they deduct (and then refund)from bank statement and then inputting the ref. number on-line?

tutu100 Mon 22-Nov-10 16:03:37

Ok, seem to have located the problem. DP changed our email address recently. He has changed it on both ebay and paypal, but for some reason on the selling template it is still our old email address.

I'm still stuck trying to sort this out as dp is at work and paypal won't talk to me (but they are answering my emails!). I have no idea why ebay are using our old email address as to where to send payment as when I clicked on our details it displays the new email address.

ARRRRGGGGHHH. I just want to post my parcels out!

tutu100 Mon 22-Nov-10 21:00:56

DP has temporarily solved the problem by putting our old email address back on paypal, but we've still got to work out why we can't change the email address on ebay invoices when we have changed the email on our ebay account, but I can now post my parcels!

classydiva Mon 22-Nov-10 22:48:47

You cannot change the email address if it was used on the listing, you have to change the email address before an item sells not after.

tutu100 Mon 22-Nov-10 23:34:32

The trouble is though that the selling template is defaulting to our old email address even though on our ebay account is showing the new email address IYSWIM. For some reason ebay are using the old email address. We re-added our old email address back onto paypal and that meant the payments came through.

Dp is going to get onto ebay tomorrow as we can't seem to change it by ourselves. I want to get it sorted before I put any more stuff up as I don't want this hassle again.

tutu100 Mon 22-Nov-10 23:36:27

Sorry Classy I just re-read your comment and I'm not sure if I answered properly (I'm very tired smile). When we open a new selling template our old email address comes up in the paypal payment box and it won't let us change it even on a new template for an item not yet up for sale.

classydiva Tue 23-Nov-10 12:54:14

Is this using Turbo Lister? then you need to change your template before you use it.

tutu100 Tue 23-Nov-10 16:04:42

No it's using the selling template on live ebay (if that makes sense).

classydiva Tue 23-Nov-10 16:06:33

You use the Advanced Sell form?

Then change your linked email address, remove the current link and link your new email address.

classydiva Tue 23-Nov-10 16:07:19

You can only do this on new listings, not old listings, if you are selling BIN items then until that listing finishes if one item has sold or even if you have had a best offer you cannot change the email address.

tutu100 Tue 23-Nov-10 23:38:10

Thanks will try that tomorrow when I try to list some more things.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: