Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Business account or regular account?

(7 Posts)
LittleAmy Sat 20-Nov-10 11:26:27

Which is best from a sellers perspective?

classydiva Sat 20-Nov-10 13:05:14

If you sell items that are your own then you have a personal account. If you buy to sell on or make items to sell then you have a business account.

If you are talking PayPal account then you have to have a premier account to sell on eBay.

A business seller has to offer returns on BIN items and display their geographical address i.e home or business address, and display a contact number.

They also have to declare their earnings to the Inland Revenue and register as self-employed.

LittleAmy Sat 20-Nov-10 13:15:16

I mean when it comes to fees?

I am a personal seller however because I have listed a lot of items in one go (I'm having a clearout) eBay has made me a business seller. I'm wondering whether I should just open a new account and sell with that?

classydiva Sat 20-Nov-10 18:45:08

Private sellers do not pay insertion fees on items they list starting at 99p. Business sellers do.

LittleAmy Sun 21-Nov-10 19:58:54

What about final value fees?

sixlostmonkeys Sun 21-Nov-10 20:35:31

pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html

LittleAmy Mon 22-Nov-10 22:30:31

Thanks.

So its a tiny bit cheaper to be a business seller re: final value fees, but eBay claw that all back with listing fees? What the hell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now