Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

About to put my 1st item on eBay - nervous.

(5 Posts)
starrychime Wed 17-Nov-10 19:50:13

Going to put my 1st item for sale on eBay tonight. It'll probably be a brand new top with labels. Why am I nervous? What if nobody bids, what if I make an arse of the posting or don't get to the post office to send it off for a few days? Never sold anything online before? Any reassurance anyone?

scottishmummy Wed 17-Nov-10 19:52:58

take good photo, what would it cost new
post recorded,keep proof of posting
dont keep people waiting post asap or you will get lower score
email buyer when posted

pud1 Thu 18-Nov-10 10:15:34

i find that it is best for the listin to end saturday or sunday when people are at home.

Towatessa Thu 18-Nov-10 13:42:26

Tips:

Don't end your listing at the same time as any of the soaps

Make sure you provide a good description, and don't use massive or weird coloured letters

If no-one bids then maybe it is priced too high or the pictures weren't clear enough

Try to make sure you can get to the post office asap - people are very impatient!

At the end f the day if you do mess up, you haven't lost anything apaprt from the listing fees.....and I am sure you will be fine!

pud1 Thu 18-Nov-10 14:37:30

never thought of avoiding popular tv programs. thats an excellant tip

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: