Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

best way to seel washable nappies

(9 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Mon 15-Nov-10 07:28:27

My sister has given me abag load of nappies to sell

17 x Motherease Sandy’s Small

Motherease nappy cover/wrap Rikki > 1 x Small and 1 x Medium

TotsBots Bamboozles Size 2 x 3

TotsBots Nappy wrap/cover Size 2 x 2

5 very soft linings

Do I sell them individually?

As a set they would be far too large to post -so, what would you masters of online trade suggest?

bamboobutton Mon 15-Nov-10 07:32:28

are they used?

AFAIK you can't sell used nappies on ebay for hygiene reasons.

there are places likr the nappy tree website where you can sell them. i think it offers advice on how to sell them too.

OnlyWantsOne Mon 15-Nov-10 07:34:45

no not used but are not in packets as my sister washed them all before her son was born (he's now 4) and theyve been in a mithercare bag in attic ever since.

Oooh seeling nappies. Muppet

bamboobutton Mon 15-Nov-10 07:40:12

hmm, ebay might still consider them used if they have been washed.

you could try listing them but don't be surprised if ebay removes it.

i would try selling them as small bundles of 2 or 4 nappies.

classydiva Mon 15-Nov-10 09:01:38

If they get removed you get a policy violation against your account. As they are not brand new because they have been washed I wouldnt list them.

bamboobutton Mon 15-Nov-10 09:09:55

heres a couple of places you can sell them-

www.usednappies.co.uk/

cloth nappy tree

maxybrown Mon 15-Nov-10 10:04:39

You can sell them on here too AFAIK smile also you could sell them as a bundle and send them via courier

fuzzypicklehead Wed 01-Dec-10 20:36:25

I sold mine via gumtree with great success!

tutu100 Wed 01-Dec-10 21:02:50

I think as long as they have not been used you can sell them on ebay even if they have been washed. I have seen lots of listings stating that nappies are unused but pre-washed as you are supposed to wash nappies several times to increase their absorbancy before using them.

I would contact ebay and check if you can sell pre-washed but unused nappies. If they say yes state in your advert that they are pre-washed but have never been used.

I would sell the wraps individually, but the nappies in bundles (e.g. 5) with a statement saying I am happy to combine postage. Also offer collection in person.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: