Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Why do people sell shit on Ebay?

(9 Posts)
memoo Tue 09-Nov-10 12:28:34

Just receive a grobag I won that was describe as being in "very good condition"

Wasn't expecting it to be perfect, don't mind a few bobbles etc but it is all discoloured and stained. Might get it out with some bleach and a good soak but eughhhh! wouldn't let the dog sleep on it never mind DD!!

Whats the worst thing you've had???

thighsmadeofcheddar Tue 09-Nov-10 12:29:50

a cardigan reeking of cigarette smoke. really well worn. awful.

nickytwotimes Tue 09-Nov-10 12:31:55

a belly band that should've been binned.

boogiewoogie Tue 09-Nov-10 20:14:28

Oh dear. I hope that wasn't the one that I sold! <sweats>

I described it as "Good used condition" though. Probably not me...

Anyway, I'm a small time eBayer. No major problems although I received an item where the seller had neglected what I thought was a significant flaw.

maxybrown Tue 09-Nov-10 20:59:06

A knackered old wardrobe

Oh and some clothes with holes in, stains and dog hairs -oh and stank of cigarettes, ewwwwch

memoo Wed 10-Nov-10 14:44:41

No it wasn't you boogie, she described it as being in very good condition.

I sent her a polite message and she sent a lovely reply, really apologetic. Ended up feeling sorry for her, I know what its like to be a harressed mum! mistakes happen.

She offered a partial refund but I told her not to worry about it. I gave it a really good soak and its not too bad now.

<<suspect I am being too soft>>

Tobermory Wed 10-Nov-10 23:25:54

I received some dungarees for DD today, wrapped in a black bin bag and taped ( v badly) with Sellotape. The plastic didn't even cover part of the trousers! How hard is it to wrap something!

TheNextMrsDepp Wed 10-Nov-10 23:32:34

People sell shit on eBay because people BUY shit on eBay.

Actually, I can't complain, I've had some absolute bargains. Just bought dd1's Christmas present - a camera and a pair of Heelys, both brand new, saved myself about £80 on the retail price.

Worst thing I guess was a handbag that reeked of fags - it was in fab condition, but every time I opened it I caught a gust of stale smoke. Bleurgh. Industrial amounts of Febreze later it was tolerable.

Frazzledmumwithsmudgedmascara Thu 11-Nov-10 13:24:07

I've had a few things over the years that have smelt strongly of smoke, and once got a fleece for DD2 that was described as "used but still in excellent condition" when in actual fact it was all old and bobbly, and also filthy too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: