Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Potential buyer requesting immediate purchase. Is it allowed?

(6 Posts)
verona Mon 08-Nov-10 09:48:31

An item I had on Ebay failed to sell.Within about an hour of sale ending someone contacted me to ask if I would sell it to them, presumably not through Ebay.
I ignored this as I was just about to relist.
However, today this potential buyer has again contacted me to ask if I would accept £8 inc P&P which is less than my starting price.
It's not on as BIN btw.
Don't really want to do this but was just wondering if what they want me to do is within Ebay rules.

sixlostmonkeys Mon 08-Nov-10 10:00:03

you could tell them that you are prepared to accept £x and will list as a BIN if they are interested.
I reckon they are just trying it on though, hoping that as your item didn't sell you will be prepared to sell it cheap.

bumpybecky Mon 08-Nov-10 10:01:04

I wouldn't sell privately as you've got no protection if it's not via eBay. What I have done before though is to relist as a BIN and then email them the link.

Hope it sells whatever you do

verona Mon 08-Nov-10 10:19:08

Thanks for the replies. Agree with you Bumpybecky, won't sell privately. God knows it can be stressful enough doing it via ebay. May put it on BIN but am tempted to let auction run its course. Thanks again

classydiva Mon 08-Nov-10 10:19:09

You do not have to do it but you can if you want.

You can send them an invoice from within PayPal and ask them to pay it.

YOu do not have to relist as a BIN. Why give eBay fees when you don't have to.

maxybrown Wed 10-Nov-10 18:23:58

I have bought a few times off ebay. Not to gte it cheaper, just because I missed the auction blush but usually pay the price they had it up for

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now