Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

apparently there was a mark on top I sold .....

(6 Posts)
bluesky Fri 05-Nov-10 08:56:38

I have just noticed, that I have received negative feedback for a nice Next fleece I sold for £6 recently.

"there was a mark on front of top thought it would come out in wash but it didn't"

The top was washed and checked and I've just enlarged the photo and can't see a mark anywhere.

But I accept she may have found one, but in this instance shouldn't she have contacted me, perhaps with a photo, I could have offered to refund her etc

Instead I've now got my first negative after all this time .......

what would you do? I haven't as yet left her any feedback.

CupcakesHay Fri 05-Nov-10 09:37:01

Can't you contact her and offer a refund and say you would rather refund her as she clearly won't be able to wear it. And if she agrees to a refund, then ask her to retract feedback?

classydiva Fri 05-Nov-10 10:24:37

Dont leave her any feedback, leave a follow up to the feedback she left you though stating No contact, would have refunded upon return

bluesky Fri 05-Nov-10 12:46:47

thank you both for the advice.

I've noticed she is quite new to the world of ebay, with just "14", perhaps she doesn't realise that there are channels to go through before putting in negative feedback.

Obviously I feel awful that she has received something with a mark on, that I didn't see, but yet I am really annoyed that I will lost my 100%

Towatessa Fri 05-Nov-10 13:37:23

It's a bit of a stinger loosing your 100%, but if you just leave a calm factual reply then it won't deter others from buying from you.

InVinoFerretsAss Tue 09-Nov-10 17:41:30

I'm in the same position, buyer is trying to get a refund out of me for some boots when I know she is trying it on. I know that no matter what I do she's going to leave negative feedback but after being really annoyed I've just had to think what the hell.

It's not the end of the world, I still buy from people with 99 or 98.whatever% positive.
If it makes you feel better contact her but a response as per classydiva sounds fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now