Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How to change postage settings after sale.

(9 Posts)
pinkhousesarebest Mon 25-Oct-10 14:02:33

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR! I have spent hours trying to change postage ammounts on items bought from outside the U.k, and for several who want combined postage. E bay will not let me change the postage, infact the box reverts to empty. Can someone please help me. I think I am losing my mind!

SoloBlackWidowSpidersWebSite Mon 25-Oct-10 15:06:48

I am watching for the answer here too.

I sold a collection only item and had to put a ridiculous postage cost as it wouldn't let me put 00.00 or nil or free and when I invoiced the buyer, it wouldn't let me take off the £50.00 hmm

pinkhousesarebest Mon 25-Oct-10 16:02:32

Someone must know!

Talkinpeace Mon 25-Oct-10 16:34:22

Solo
you should have clicked the collection only option which sets it to zero
and collection items are ALWAYS better paid cash as paypal do not recognise collection as trackable for chargebacks

Pink
Ideally you should have set up those options while the listing was live
BUT
in the mean time it may be simplest to send your buyer a paypal payment request - not use the ebay checkout - for the correct amount, quoting the item numbers and then mark it as paid in your seller screen when the paypal money hits your account

sixlostmonkeys Mon 25-Oct-10 16:56:20

when you change the amount in the p*p section DON'T click 'recalculate'

SoloBlackWidowSpidersWebSite Mon 25-Oct-10 17:50:40

Aaaahh!

maxybrown Tue 26-Oct-10 12:27:45

yes change P&P then slecet preview invoice rather than recalculate and you can see if you have it correct before sending it!

pinkhousesarebest Tue 26-Oct-10 12:47:19

YYYYYYYes! Thank you.

Poppypat Tue 07-Feb-17 17:06:06

How do I change the amount of money on an item sold on eBay to include the postage please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now