Talk

Advanced search

I keep making myself sick (trigger warning for EDs?)

(4 Posts)
LeafUmbrella Fri 20-Sep-19 18:36:08

Have Name changed.

I've always made myself sick from a young age but VERY sporadically. I would go years in between.

Recently I hit 18 stone and just couldn't face it anymore.

I started a meal replacement diet and am now 15 stone 10.

Ive been doing well but I keep cheating and then throwing up.

Or I will have a healthy meal and just hate the feeling of my stomach being full.

Today was my weigh in day and I gained a lb.

I spiralled and went to mcds. I ate chocolate, a donut and a pasty.

I came home and threw it all up.

I am getting to the point where it might be becoming an issue as I can't fail.

I can't be fat anymore

But I haven't sorted my food issues out

So I keep eating then regret it.

Any advice please.

LeafUmbrella Fri 20-Sep-19 20:30:03

Anyone sad Feeling very shit

Pipsnips Fri 20-Sep-19 20:37:42

To me it does sound like disordered eating. I think deep down you probably know it's not right I suggest you go and visit your GP. I'm no expert obviously but I have had what I guess you'd call mild disordered eating habits for years and I know things can quickly spiral out of control. So listen to your heart. Talking about it with my gp definitely helped. Acting early when you know something isn't right is a good step to helping yourself get better flowers

Myusername2015 Fri 20-Sep-19 20:58:26

I could have written this post :-( I have exactly the same problem..I’ve also lost weight starting at 17 stone this year and 14 now. I often sadly have binge and purge episodes and I so get that awful feeling of helplessness. I do think vlcd’s arent perhaps the best idea for people like us..I know when I restrict myself too much binges are far more frequent. I’m trying now to just try and eat more normally without restrictions so if I’m craving chocolate I have a packet of Maltesers which seems to stop me eating 7 and then throwing the towel in and saying “I’ll start again tomorrow”
There is some really interesting science research behind binge eating -I definitely think it’s possible to rewire your brain (brain over binge is a good book if you haven’t read it) the more days we can not binge the weaker those neural pathways become. Early days for me so I can’t really advise but sending you flowers I know just how awful this is.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »