Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to be worried about an eating disorder??

(1 Post)
PumpkinPie99 Mon 15-Jul-19 20:38:54

So I'm 19 years old and in the last year I've put on a lot of weight. I had attributed this to starting antidepressants. However, I was making excuses for myself, in reality I was binging on junk - crisps and sweets etc.
Last year I begun to make myself sick, I managed to get a hold of it myself but negative thoughts towards my body, binging and cyclic dieting resumed.
My issues have picked up again, culminating in emotional breakdowns and a fear of looking in the mirror/gaining weight. I have been trying to lose weight by following a strict diet-I still eat but just healither.
On occasion (roughly 2 times a week) I make myself sick after a big meal if I feel quite full. TMI sorry - but I don't have to stick my fingers down my throat anymore, it's too easy to do, I just have to cough a certain way and it happens.
I have no self esteem when it comes to my body, I feel much fatter compared to everyone else and I really judge and analyse myself in the mirror.
Am I at risk of an eating disorder??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »