Talk

Advanced search

Visiting in-patient ED clinic

(7 Posts)
QueenMabby Sun 07-Jul-19 16:25:38

Hi
I’m off to visit a friend’s daughter at her in-patient ED clinic this week. She has anorexia. She’s 13.
I want to take her a few things (no food obviously and I know nothing with sharp edges) but am unsure what would be nice for her to have in there with her.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Roseau18 Sun 07-Jul-19 16:46:23

Adult colouring book and pens.*
Books to read
Tangle toy (or other stress toy)

*Be aware that pens may only be allowed under supervision as they can be snapped to obtain sharp pieces.

sotired2 Sun 07-Jul-19 17:21:13

some nice smellys/ toiletries , soft snuggly socks, nice note book (not one with wire binder(, eye mask, pjs/lounge wear, nice water bottle, word search or puzzle book, photos printed out,

Blondie1984 Tue 09-Jul-19 03:43:19

A plant for her room
Nail varnish
Jenna / playing cards
One of those books with lots of little positive sayings in
A “paint your own” kit eg money box

Blondie1984 Tue 09-Jul-19 03:44:05

Should say Jenga

softkittywarmkitty28 Tue 09-Jul-19 20:31:59

Things I appreciated when I was in were: puzzle books, nice socks, toiletries, some pampering bits (but careful what you get- in my ward you weren't allowed any sharps, things with alcohol in them etc) some nice pens/pencils, colouring books, little decorative bits for her room

QueenMabby Wed 10-Jul-19 21:15:45

Thank you. I took her some books, a pack of cards, a book of puzzles/word searches etc, a squishy to give her something to fiddle with, some lip balm and a letter shaped cushion for her bed. It seemed to hit a good balance and all stuff was checked by staff and approved.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »