Talk

Advanced search

Am I bulimic?

(9 Posts)
iamwhatiamm Sun 30-Dec-18 03:25:26

Genuine question. I don't throw up every day but I definitely do whenever I feel the urge. Like tonight, I ate so much pasta when I got in from a night out and immediately I knew I had to get rid of it. Which also means that I threw up essential medication. I just needed to. I don't have anyone to talk to which is why I'm posting here in the hope that experts might be along. Sorry, I know I must sound pathetic.

ragged Sun 30-Dec-18 03:44:43

habitually throwing up coz you overate is bulemia, sorry.

Why do you think you overeat?

DramaAlpaca Sun 30-Dec-18 03:49:00

I've never, ever had the urge to do that, however stuffed I've felt.

You aren't pathetic, not in the least, but I strongly suggest that in the first instance you have a chat to your GP.

Rosehip345 Sun 30-Dec-18 03:52:29

Interesting 🤔 I do have a tendency to do this, not often but if I felt too full I would. Never thought of myself as bulimic though

iamwhatiamm Mon 31-Dec-18 01:05:36

Rose - that's exactly what I think. But the only difference is WHY I'm doing it. I'm doing it to get rid of the food because I want to lose weight. And if I eat something that's high in fat/sugars I feel guilty immediately and it has to go.

DishranawaywiththeSpoon Mon 31-Dec-18 01:11:14

I think you quite obviously know you are bulimic OP.

Have you been to your GP? I would think that was your first port of call, does anyone in real life know?

Firstimemama Tue 08-Jan-19 20:55:04

Get help, I have a mouthful of fillings due to this and by a mouthful I mean over 15 and I'm only 27 ... Trust me it's not worth the weight loss I wish I could go back in time.

Carla45 Mon 04-Mar-19 13:09:59

Hello,

I suffer with bulimia, can I ask you whether you get rid of your food because it feels uncomfortable or are you scared to gain weight? X

mollpop Fri 05-Apr-19 22:34:22

You're definitely not being pathetic. I struggled for years with bulimia and its a very isolating illness. I got to a point where I was so desperate I visited my GP. I was referred for counseling and it wasn't easy but really helped. The first time I went for a month without throwing up felt like I'd won the lottery. Please ask for help if you're concerned.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »