Talk

Advanced search

Is this the start of an eating disorder?

(5 Posts)
wtf2015 Sun 16-Sep-18 10:56:29

I suffer with anxiety... currently having a relapse which I'm trying to manage with meditation rather than going back on SSRI's. Over the last week I've been unable to eat due to the anxiety.... maybe small amount supper with kids or packet crisps when driving but that's it. I've lost 1/2 stone which I'd been meaning to lose for months and am pleased. However now I don't want to eat through fear of putting it back on. After much deliberation I bought a pastry to have with my free coffee in the supermarket this am but too scared to eat it. I considered some seeds but they have 220 calories in. Doesn't seem normal to me but maybe I'm overthinking it... sad

figelnarage Sun 16-Sep-18 11:00:06

Do you feel like things are out of control in general?

Sounds like you are trying to take control of something and doing this by controlling what you eat.

wtf2015 Sun 16-Sep-18 11:07:01

Yes... very much so. I was size 10. Now an 8, I don't like how I am but the control I have feels safe even though I think it's wrong

figelnarage Sun 16-Sep-18 11:29:07

Make an appt with your GP

cleopatracomingatya Fri 21-Sep-18 15:51:26

Could be but these things take a while to develop. And appetite changes/weight loss are a common symptom of a lot of mental health disorders, especially anxiety!

Eating disorders are more like an obsession. It takes over every aspect of your life and is literally like you have someone there telling you what to think, how much to exercise and what to put (or not to put) into your mouth. Hence why people refer to Ana and Mia as their personal ED voices.

Try to get help for your anxiety first.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: