Talk

Advanced search

Laxative abuse

(3 Posts)
adoggymama Tue 05-Jun-18 16:24:31

Anyone else do this? I binge eat so much then take laxatives to 'purge' my body. I feel so weak and dizzy and tired all the time.
I'm 19. I've had anorexia & BED from age 13. I'm a healthy weight rn but I'm scared I'm going to get fat from binging all the time, hence the laxative use. I feel so unattractive and worthless.

Samara1973 Mon 02-Jul-18 23:40:12

Hi there sweet, I'm 45 year's old and have five kid's all but one grown up and on nearly leaving school age. I've been using dulcolax for some years now and I can do 60 a day. My eating disorder started after something bad happened in my life five years ago.
I have constantly low potassium to the point it put me in af.
I just want to say you're not on you're own, I think all of us with this demon eating disorder have such a bad picture in our heads of what we are that it's hard for people to understand.
I haven't found any answers myself but as a mum as well I would hope my daughter would let me know how bad she's feeling so I could help.
Talk to you're mum or a close friend get some help don't suffer alone. From you're post you sound a beautiful person and I just don't want see someone like you making the horrible mistakes I'm making.
Good luck and much love to you xxxx

Daffodils78 Thu 04-Oct-18 18:07:35

This only when I eat normally. I don't binge. I have stopped recently but using caffeine in high quantities instead.
Thank you op it was only on reading this I realised the extent of my issue right now as I had forgotten about the laxatives.
I stopped using them a week ago. In some combo or other, Senna, fibrogel and lactulose. I am on painkillers that bung me up sometimes so used it as an excuse, when I can't remember the last time I struggled to go. I rarely take the painkillers anymore either.

Thank you honestly op. I am going to go to my GP, and I hope you find the strength to do the same thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: