Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone make sense of this?

(5 Posts)
Joto369 Mon 03-Apr-17 05:07:01

In 2009 i swallowed a tablet and had a panic and since then have found taking meds really hard in case I panic. More recently and due to an increase in stress I've had panic attacks and the same feelings when eating but not all the time. I'm fine all day and can eat ok but at my evening meal the anxiety starts and it's as if I'm scared to eat for fear of panicking. If I do it's awful but it passes as I know it will. I've had anxiety when on trains and buses too and now sometimes get it when away from home. The feeling passes but trains I can get away from using, eating food I can't ( not that i want to I like food!) I'm going for CBT today which I hope will help with my thoughts and how I escalate and magnify things. Is this just control and my life for the last year has been full of anxiety and stress?

Joto369 Sun 09-Apr-17 05:40:51

Anyone got any advice for me please I'm feeling a little lost

jackinthepox Sun 09-Apr-17 06:04:43

Didn't want to read and run.

I'm sorry you've been having such a tough time with this. I think it's probably difficult for anyone on here to suggest what might be going on, because these things are so complex, aren't they?

You said in your earlier post that you were going to have a CBT appointment - how did that go?

Joto369 Sun 09-Apr-17 09:23:49

Hi there thanks for replying. It was really a 10 minute session as the first part was filling the questionnaire in and then we discussed how it's not to do with food but fear of panic and then I was told to do a worry hour. The only worry I have is this though! Life aside from this is getting much less stressful. Next session 26 April as I'm on holiday

wren23091 Tue 26-Sep-17 20:43:14

CBT helped me a huge huge amount when I was suffering with panic attacks some time ago. I hope that it brings you similar success star

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now