Talk

Advanced search

Any other donor egg recipients waiting to be matched?

(9 Posts)
Spongebob79 Fri 01-Feb-19 18:12:35

Just that really, wondered if anyone was in the same boat and waiting for a match? I was advised 3-6 months and so far it’s been about 4 weeks and of course I’m already hoping it’ll be sooner. Just trying to get as fit and healthy as I can. Anyone also waiting?

Persipan Sat 02-Feb-19 07:20:16

Ooh, that's quite a short wait, what clinic are you with?

I'm actually in the middle of treatment as a recipient at the moment, so not currently waiting, but I know the feeling! Hang in there, the time will pass.

Spongebob79 Sat 02-Feb-19 14:42:19

Hi @Persipan we’re at Herts and Essex, I’ve had all my OE treatment there and now made the decision to move to DE. How’s your cycle going so far, are you egg sharing?

Persipan Sun 03-Feb-19 07:27:37

Yep, I'm an egg share recipient. I actually just had embryo transfer yesterday!

EarlGreyT Sun 03-Feb-19 15:36:24

Good luck *@persipan*.

JeNeBaguetteRien Mon 04-Feb-19 14:24:27

Good luck Persipan and hope your wait is not too long Sponge.

I will be a DE recipient later in the year in Spain.

Spongebob79 Tue 05-Feb-19 18:10:44

How’s the tww going @Persipan? If you don’t mind me asking, how many eggs did you get from the egg share.

Spongebob79 Tue 05-Feb-19 18:12:25

Thanks @JeNeBaguetteRien, will this be your first DE cycle? This will be mine following 4 previous OE cycles.

JeNeBaguetteRien Mon 11-Feb-19 23:04:21

Hi Sponge, yes it will be my first DE cycle.

My first IVF was cancelled before egg collection due to a poor response, the second I did get 2 embryos but with a 2 day transfer.
I had a consultation with a different UK clinic and also with IVI in Spain, and DH and I decided to go there.

The clinic said it was up to me to try again with my own eggs or not but due to low AMH and antral follicle count, I think I'd prefer to go straight to DE and hopefully increase the chances of becoming parents. A friend has the most gorgeous baby conceived using DE, let's hope for a not of luck for us on this thread.

Hope you are getting through the wait Persipan.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: