Talk

Advanced search

Azoospermia diagnosis, 3 days late. Feel like and idiot

(5 Posts)
Mamfamonkey Fri 04-Jan-19 16:15:13

Hi all, my dh was diagnosed with Azoospermia over 3 years ago. I am currently 3 days late when usually I am like clock work. I have the usual aches but no bleeding. I did take norethisterone last month so am aware this could be what is delaying me now. Stupidly I told my dh about being late and he is insisting we do a test.
Is it bad that part of me doesn’t want it to be positive? We have finally found ourselves in a good place. Or is it my brain trying to save me from the heartache as I’m 98% sure it’s going to be negative?

FuzzyPixel Fri 04-Jan-19 16:20:08

I didn't want to read and run.

My DH was diagnosed with azoospermia, and if I was ever late, a teeny part of me would wonder, but I'd put it straight back to back of my mind. With that in mind, I think it probably is a self-preservation tactic to want it not to be positive - only you will truly know that though.

flowers

Sending you a very unmumsnetty hug.

Azoospermiawife Fri 04-Jan-19 20:14:49

@fuzzypixel thank you for the hug. It was of course negative. Onwards and upwards I hope.

FuzzyPixel Fri 04-Jan-19 20:22:48

I am sorry to hear that.

If you ever want to chat, I'm happy to talk on here. Our journey ended in a different way thanks to a fantastic consultant, but the feelings around azoospermia are still very much present.

Lauren83 Tue 08-Jan-19 15:05:12

Have you taken a test? I caught off the back of norethisterone a few months ago, huge shock as have been TTC for 9 years with no natural pregnancy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: