Talk

Advanced search

Screening Blood tests question :)

(4 Posts)
LemonTwist10 Fri 30-Nov-18 17:59:11

Hi all,

My partner and I (same sex) are on course to complete IUI through a London clinic. I have had all my tests done as I will be the one having treatment. However, they emailed today stating my partner also has to complete screening blood tests (£190). Is this normal protocol even if we are both females and she doesn’t produce any sperm? Lol

Thank you in advance for your input.

Cheers x

Hermones1 Sun 02-Dec-18 16:52:29

When I was with a clinic in London I was just screened not my wife. Then we changed clinics and we went through IVF and we were both screened but that was because I'm carrying her eggs

LemonTwist10 Mon 03-Dec-18 12:49:50

Thank you for responding. I spoke with the clinic and they said she will need to complete the same tests as we are intimate with each other and it is a requirement of HFEA, I contacted the regulator of the UK and they said that it is not a requirement as we are a same sex couple and she will not be the one carrying our child.

The tests are £155 and will need to be completed every 3 months much like my own which are £190. I am also annoyed as we are about the start our first cycle and they sprung this upon us now, It was never mentioned at any other time.

mincedpea Mon 03-Dec-18 12:52:06

We recently had a first cycle of IUI in a London clinic and I was the only one that had to have the screening bloods. My wife didn't have to have any tests. I'm really not sure why they'd want your partner screened if only you are being treated. Might be worth asking them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »