Talk

Advanced search

Is this ordinary for fertility clinics??? Experience please!

(6 Posts)
LemonTwist10 Mon 26-Nov-18 19:32:43

Hey,

My partner and I (same sex) are with a London based clinic waiting to have our first IUI, we have our medication, sperm and so on. However, we have not been informed of when to use the medication or even how.

I was just only to contact the clinic on the first day of my cycle to arrange a scan by the receptionist. I notified her that my period is due this Friday so what will happen if I am unable to contact the clinic over a weekend (they are closed), also how is it even poss for a scan to take place.

Moreover, I have not heard anything back from the nursing team for nearly a month. Is it normal to always have to initiate contact with your clinic? Or do they jointly maintain that relationship as well?

I’m confused and there isn’t anyone to clarify anything to us.

Thanks for your input 😬

niclw Tue 27-Nov-18 10:40:53

I suggest contacting the clinic immediately to find out about the medication. With my iui I had to take medication for 5 days starting on the first day of my cycle but you may have different medication.

Regarding contacting the clinic if it's a weekend. Just ring them first hung Monday morning. I was in that situation for one of my cycles. Your scan won't be immediately and they will be able to fit you in at the right time.

niclw Tue 27-Nov-18 10:41:05

Good luck x

LemonTwist10 Tue 27-Nov-18 11:24:29

Thank you. I spoke to them today, they said if my P comes any later than 30/11 then I will have do wait until late jan 2019 as the lab will be closed for a deep clean.

niclw Tue 27-Nov-18 13:12:46

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I was in a similar position last year in that I had to see if I could fit everything in before the Christmas closure. Turned out that I had the procedure on the last day possible. It was successful (3rd attempt at it) and I now have a 9 week old baby boy. The best thing I've ever done. I wish you all the luck in the world x

LemonTwist10 Tue 27-Nov-18 14:22:42

Thanks for your response. Did you use a London based clinic? Well hopefully they pull their finger out and my period comes a few days earlier lol

Congratulations also on your pregnancy x x x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »