What should we be eating in prep for egg donation?

(4 Posts)
martellandginger Wed 21-Feb-18 09:31:16

I've done a bit of research and of course there is lots of advice about prepping for pregnancy and lots if you are doing IVF. My question is, is there advice for women receiving IVF donor eggs?

Am I right in assuming that just a general fit and healthy body is right or does it help if its high protein and low carbs?

Has anybody done this and changed their diet? I'm mid 40's and losing weight but I won't be slim when it happens so I would like everything else to be perfect against this one not so perfect area. iyswim. Any advice greatly received.

OP’s posts: |
MrsMoppHead Mon 05-Mar-18 15:20:15

Hi I'm 47 years old, and a donor egg recipient. I just try and eat a healthy low carb diet. The HRT patches gave me more of an appetite so my weight has crepted up. I'm currently on my 2ww

Cutesbabasmummy Thu 29-Mar-18 07:34:55

Honestly I just carried on as normal. I'd stopped drinking but the night before our second de FET I had a double g and t and a big sangria (Yes we were in Spain!). We now have a yummy three year old son x

Swissgemma Thu 29-Mar-18 07:43:33

I had 5 rounds of ivf was super healthy fur the first four rounds. Couldn’t have been less bothered about the fifth (I did it for dh who wanted one more go). Had a couple of crazy nights out (by my normal standards - I was still tipsy lunch the next day) and it was the fifth cycle that give us ds. So my advice... just live your life!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in