Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cytoplasmic transfer (3-parent-babies)

(3 Posts)
SuzieBergman123 Sun 12-Nov-17 13:59:24

Hi all, I am 45. Been TTC for the last 4 years. Have had 4 miscarriages (natural conception) as well as two failed IVF PGS procedures. Chromosomal abnormalities. DH has been tested and he is in a good shape – I am the problem. Bad old eggs. Sad, I must admit. I am considering trying another round of IVF PGS. I have read about donor cytoplasmic transfer – or what the press calls: 3-parent-babies. They take the protein/embryo from DH and I - and inject it into the mitochondria of a donor egg. So if successful – the baby may have 5-15 per cent DNA of the donor egg – but the rest is us. It is not available in the EU – but available in the following 3 clinics:

nadiyaclinic.com/news/worlds-first-baby-with-dna-of-three-parents-was-born-in-ukraine-after-using-the-pronuclear-transfer/

www.fertimed.cz/en/infertility-cytoplasmic-transfer/

www.northcyprusivf.com/treatments/cytoplasmic-transfer/

The BBC has covered the story – so I reckon it’s a matter of time before it becomes available here:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38648981

Has anyone tried cytoplasmic transfer or considered trying it? Looking for thoughts, guidance and personal experiences....Thank you!

JoJoSM2 Mon 13-Nov-17 12:36:33

I’ve never heard of it before but an interesting concept so place marking.

SuzieBergman123 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:43:18

Hi JoJoSM2, Sorry to sound square - but what is "place marking"?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now