Talk

Advanced search

Egg donor IVF book recommendations?

(9 Posts)
isthismummy Sun 05-Nov-17 11:18:34

I've been looking for books specifically about egg donation/ivf, but not having much luck.

I'll be going for ED early next year and really want to be in the best shape physically and mentally.

Any book suggestions would be much appreciatedsmile

isthismummy Wed 08-Nov-17 17:31:30

Anyone?smile

Carajillo Thu 09-Nov-17 20:34:05

Hi Isthismummy,

When you say books about egg donation, do you mean about the implications for you and your child in using egg donation? I can recommend one called 'Having Your Baby Thru Egg Donation' which is available on Amazon.

Any other information you are hoping for? I am a mum with donor embryo conceived twins who are now 11, so do ask!!! xxx

isthismummy Tue 21-Nov-17 13:25:12

Hi Carajllo

I meant more a guide to the egg donation process, but I will definitely have a look for that book as well🙂 We're planning on telling any dc we might have the truth of their origins.

May I ask if your twins know? And how it's been for you all if so? I think the main worry I have is how our dc will feel about being an egg donor child.

penelopeopal Wed 22-Nov-17 06:19:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

pamily Wed 22-Nov-17 06:30:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LadyCassandra Wed 22-Nov-17 06:52:22

The Pea That Was Me. Not sure who it is by, but my relative gave it to her donor-conceived daughter and she shows me the book all the time. She has been reading it since she was 3 and knows who all the characters are represented by in her own life.

LadyCassandra Wed 22-Nov-17 07:09:45

Sorry, just read that you meant for you not babies! But keep in mind for when you do need it.

fififa Thu 23-Nov-17 13:40:03

Not a book actually, but recommend visiting eggdonationfriends com. They have got lots of materials and articles. Hope this helps xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: