Talk

Advanced search

Black donor egg

(7 Posts)
Bellia Sun 29-Oct-17 18:27:49

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions. Looking for black donor egg to start treatment in the UK. How feasible is this ? Any suggestions will be really appreciated. I understand that there are not many black egg donors in the UK. Anyone has any idea about clinics in the UK preferrably or abroad that have this running in their clinic. thanks

Carajillo Wed 01-Nov-17 10:40:12

Hi Bellia,

There are agencies and clinics in the UK that may have black donors so it is worth ringing round (not sure where you live?). You can look on the HFEA website and do a clinic search for clinics that recruit donors who may have black donors. Some clinics off the top of my head, Altrui, London Egg Bank, the Lister, the Bridge, CRM London, any of the CARE groups all over the UK, Manchester Fertility. Give the NGDT helpline call as they have up to date info. Also if going abroad, the USA would give you most choice of ethnicity and also information on the donors for your child and you. Perhaps South Africa as well? I am a member of the donor conception network and I have met quite a few black women who have found a black egg donor so it might be worth giving them a call? Best of luck. C

Bellia Wed 01-Nov-17 21:50:35

Hi Carajillo. Thank you for your detailed suggestions. I am actually at a fertility clinic who unfortunately do not have black donors currently. They have a small waiting list . I did like the way their service has been .
I contacted London egg bank, however their ploicy is that you have to be registered with their own partner clinic to be on their list for donor egg.
The clinic where i am suggested using a white donor egg from them if i wanted and then sourcing a black sperm donor as i am looking at double donation . its quite though deciding how to proceed

Battleax Thu 02-Nov-17 17:03:27

Are you part of a mixed black/white couple?

In other words would "black sperm" and "white egg" reflect your relationship in reverse? Or are you going it alone?

Battleax Thu 02-Nov-17 17:04:17

Or indeed a same sex couple?

Bellia Sun 12-Nov-17 14:33:58

Hi Battleax. Sorry for the late response. I am going alone

Gemini74 Mon 22-Jan-18 23:34:03

Hi Bellia, how's your search going? Have you progressed since November?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: