Talk

Advanced search

Home insemination success stories?

(79 Posts)
ND23 Wed 04-Oct-17 20:22:59

So after a struggle of 2 years of my husband not being able to ejaculate/ struggling to have sex with me we have decided to try self insemination. I'd love to hear Of your success stories and any advice would be great ? We have been using a needless syringe and legs in the air for about 30 mins or so, this is first time trying so wether it's been a success or not we don't know smile

HannahAmy Wed 14-Nov-18 22:51:42

Hi all, myself and my parter (lesbian couple) are ttc, we have ttc a few times before but have unfortunately been unsuccessful. This time after doing lots of homework we have a little more hope!! I’m due to ovulate on the 21st however I am looking at having a donation on the 19th and then another on the 21st? I have decided to use a a 5ml syringe then a soft cup and some conceive plus this time, fingers crossed for us!! Does anyone have any tips? X

ExpectantParent Wed 07-Nov-18 21:35:31

We’re current using one of those kits off eBay. It’s important to make sure all the equipment is sterile. A lot of the stuff comes from China so quality can be questionable so be careful.

We’ve bought two lots of these from
a UK seller. They arrived quickly and appeared to be of good quality.

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273547444237

gigglepig99 Tue 06-Nov-18 11:56:37

We had 6 months of trying and finding 'conception sex' a massive stress due to DH being on sertraline which decreases the sensistivity and sex drive, not to mention having to complete in half hour time frames because of work/child care scheduling, and it was all becoming too much. We bought the cheap amazon home kits - a cup, a tube, a syringe and it really helped take pressure off. We even had one attempt where due to no babysitter and DC1 refusing to go to bed DH provided the goods while I took DC1 for a walk and then DH took over while I lay with my legs in the air. We now have faint postive line on the test! So here's hoping it 'takes'. Do look into this option - its really quite fun if you take it in the right spirit and it certainly helps take the stress out of conception if you are having difficulties.

Moo8879 Sat 16-Dec-17 12:41:56

Positive opk at 11.30 this morning and peak on clearblue, have 2 frozen vials what time should I inseminate for best results?

Ketzele Sat 09-Dec-17 20:28:28

Hi all, just popping in to say that my own efforts at home insemination have resulted in a hulking great teenager who is currently playing with her phone on the sofa smile

Good luck, everybody.

Moo8879 Sat 09-Dec-17 20:23:07

Just place Cryos order for delivery on Friday 😨 eeeeek! Cycle 2 here we go

Fishface77 Sat 09-Dec-17 16:36:52

Moon cups and flex cups are a similar thing and not me but someone I know used it and a bladder syringe and was successful first time.

Moo8879 Sat 09-Dec-17 08:23:43

@Angelmummy17 congrats on getting peak, you seem like you are able to cover all the bases so fingers crossed one works for you. I am CD6 so will start Opks in a couple of days internet cheapies and clear blue. I'm hoping il get peak a week today

HappyHedgehog247 Sat 09-Dec-17 06:47:59

I've been using a Flex cup which used to be called an Instead cup. You can get them in the US or perhaps online. They are softer, I think, than a mooncup and fit over the cervix. I've tried twice so far and no luck (but I am 42.5!) going to use a bladder syringe as well this month. It won't be time for me to try until 20th.

Angelmummy17 Sat 09-Dec-17 00:00:49

@moo hi today I got my peak fertility smiley so again inseminated tonight will do one tomorrow morning too and Sunday, not sure about Monday what do you think? What cd are you on? Good luck to you too fingers crossed x

@fishface77 have you had success?
I don't seem to have a problem with it dribbling out, it seems to work without a moon cup, are moon cups and soft cups the same thing? I have a soft cup but I'm actually quite frightened to use it 🙈 What if it gets stuck? Lol x

Fishface77 Fri 08-Dec-17 09:14:06

Can I give a small tip?
Sperm can live 3-5 days after insemination.
So insert a moon cup after. This stops in dribbling out.
Also use a bladder syringe (available on the internet). The longer "spout" means it goes in further.
Good luck to you all.

Moo8879 Fri 08-Dec-17 08:31:35

@angelmummy17 sending you lots of luck and baby dust, you seem to have covered all bases! 1 has to stick for you

Angelmummy17 Thu 07-Dec-17 23:17:21

@moo8879 I’m still here I’m on my 2nd month ttc I had my high smiley today but have been inseminating for the whole of this week, tonight and will continue to do so in the coming days.. my opks and temp have been all over the place the ICs have been relatively positive since cd12 I’m on cd 16 now and only tonight did I get my smiley.. 🤞 crossed for us all x

Moo8879 Thu 07-Dec-17 22:19:26

Hi @disco sorry to hear about your mc. We are using frozen donor sperm through Cryos AF finished today so will start OPK in about a week hopefully I will ovulate a week Sunday, we have 3 vials per cycle so hoping we can catch an egg on round 2 🤞 wishing you lots of luck

Discotastic Wed 06-Dec-17 16:17:52

Hi Moo, DH and I have 1 child together and after a miscarriage earlier in the year we are trying again. Problem is most of the sex we have he can't ejaculate so we are ttc through home insemination- which has been unsuccessful the last 2 cycles. AF is just about to leave.
How about you what's your situation?

Moo8879 Wed 06-Dec-17 13:45:36

@discotastic what's your situation? (Name change by the way ⬇)

Discotastic Tue 05-Dec-17 21:16:12

I'm lurking!

Kateandcaz Mon 04-Dec-17 09:50:29

Anyone still active on this thread? First cycle down AF arrived yesterday sad on the the next

Plumplum33 Wed 22-Nov-17 20:48:37

@Angelmummy17 Fingers crossed that it is implantation smile I had a few cramps earlier but that's all.
I've sent you a PM smile should be in your inbox xx

Angelmummy17 Wed 22-Nov-17 20:43:02

@plumplum33 - I've been reading up a lot on things today too and from what I've read (unsure of any truth in it) it could still be implantation. It has gotten lighter to the point there is none on the toilet paper (sorry) it's been over 8 months since I last had a period and even back in march it was very scanty.. I'm just not convinced with what I've read today at all. I've put it into FF as AF anyway n it's started me onto a new chart. I'll just go with it n hope for better luck next month..
are you still feeling ok? X

Plumplum33 Wed 22-Nov-17 16:58:20

@Angelmummy17 oh no!!! sad always next month smile
I've just had a google because I don't know anything about the usual length but it says that a luteal phase of 10days is shorter than average but you can get a bfp smile xx

Angelmummy17 Wed 22-Nov-17 16:46:40

She got me 😭
Now sending out an SOS - so given I ovulated on cd18 and I'm now 10dpo does that mean my luteal phase is 10 days? Is that not a bit short?
@plumplum33 x

Plumplum33 Wed 22-Nov-17 10:18:10

@Angelmummy17 oh no! Fingers crossed its not AF! No symptoms this morning apart from the urge to go to the toilet haha! Hope your ok xx

Angelmummy17 Wed 22-Nov-17 08:58:49

@plumplum33 - woke up at 5 this morning for the toilet and red blood when I wiped.. went back to sleep woke up just now and same again... not really sure if it's AF or not but knowing my luck it probably is sad hope you are well x

Plumplum33 Tue 21-Nov-17 21:05:58

@Angelmummy17 I will let you know how I feel tomorrow smile xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »