Talk

Advanced search

Home insemination success stories?

(79 Posts)
ND23 Wed 04-Oct-17 20:22:59

So after a struggle of 2 years of my husband not being able to ejaculate/ struggling to have sex with me we have decided to try self insemination. I'd love to hear Of your success stories and any advice would be great ? We have been using a needless syringe and legs in the air for about 30 mins or so, this is first time trying so wether it's been a success or not we don't know smile

AnneLovesGilbert Wed 04-Oct-17 20:24:16

Good luck! Hope you have success soon.

I remember a couple of threads in Conception so I'd recommend having a look there for tips and success stories.

BossyBitch Wed 04-Oct-17 20:26:29

Lesbian friends of mine managed twice. They went a step further than legs in the air and went full head stand.

Also, I need to talk to my friends about TMI. 😉

HappyHedgehog247 Fri 06-Oct-17 21:57:16

Hi. I've just tried first cycle of this. I've tried a combination of children's medicine syringe (as it has good space at the end, read something about less damaging to the sperm, no idea if true, Instead Cup and Conceive lubricant (pre-seed is another version) plus legs in air. Good luck

ND23 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:43:17

Aww keep me updated on how you get on! I'm glad I'm not a lone in trying to conceive this way, I've felt so alienated for ages! X

Justonemorepleasethen Fri 06-Oct-17 23:07:23

Good luck! smile

Derf17 Mon 16-Oct-17 17:06:32

We are about to start this, using doner sperm tho, as my husband is infertile. The package is being delivered this Thursday or Friday ready for ovulation at weekend if my timings are correct, god I hope they are! We have till Wednesday to use it so should be fine lol am very excited and scared at the prospect of being pregnant because it was never an option before. Hoping I am very fertile and we get pregnant quick and all is healthy. I am 40 and overweight so high chance of miscarriage as well even if it does work 😢 but have to think positive and feel positive otherwise no point in trying is there.

Allthatglitters23 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:14:54

Awww I really hope it happens for you guys , I really know how your feeling , it's when you finally get that chance it's great , we haven't been able to try for the last two years and it's horrible , I'm waiting on my period now , was meant to start yesterday but all the tests I've taken are negative so far , wishing you both all the best , let me know how you get on x

Derf17 Tue 17-Oct-17 08:28:00

Thanks. Hope you get a positive soon.

Allthatglitters23 Wed 18-Oct-17 09:50:00

Ok so this morning I took a cheap test and theirs a very very faint line , it's hard to see it in the picture but I'm hoping it's a positive 🙏🏻 x

Derf17 Wed 18-Oct-17 10:27:27

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 For you. I can see v faint line on picture, really really hope it is a BFP for you. Let us know when you test again. If it was me I would be tempted to buy a clear blue one and test in morning again.

Allthatglitters23 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:03:13

So took this tonight as I'm so impatient .. Looks pretty positive 🙈 I can't believe it ! X

Derf17 Thu 19-Oct-17 10:47:15

Congulations so happy for you xxx

Allthatglitters23 Thu 19-Oct-17 22:30:04

Thank you so much! Keep in touch!! I hope everything goes well for you guys 💖💖 xxx

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 20-Oct-17 10:45:08

I'm considering talking about this with my DH due to his infertility. Where did everyone get the donor sperm from please?

Derf17 Fri 20-Oct-17 11:10:49

We got our from Cryos international, it was the one that seamed more online with the big picture rather than kinda like a dating matching app didn’t like those kinds of ones. My husband has had his concerns obviously but is very much on board with it all the way. I thought his first reaction would be concern about manhood and what people would think. But actually his first response was I didn’t know you could do that, let’s go for it give it a try. Then the concerns started about parented and talking to child about it and our other children about it ( teenagers from his previous marriage) but we talked through everything openly with no judgment even tho inside I am going please don’t say you don’t want to do it, but outwardly letting him know it isn’t end of world if he doesn’t want to do it or if there are issues we need to discus. Everyone we have told that we are doing this 3 people have been very positive about it. I know blokes don’t talk but sure my husband would be up for chat on here with yours if he wants a mans perpective. We decided very quick we wanted to do it and picked doner quick but carefully this was because otherwise I overthink and get in a stress and really is no point if stressed, so about a month since my Mum suggest the idea and here we are about to do first one 😃

Angelmummy17 Thu 02-Nov-17 10:24:49

Hi I'm wondering if this thread is still going and if I can join in?

moomoo85 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:41:45

We concieved me son at home using this method and today I have just found out I am expecting our second. It took us five months the first month and three the second

Discotastic Tue 07-Nov-17 21:35:36

Me and DH are trying this method too, it wasn't successful this time. But I'm wondering for those of you that have been successful how many times do you self inseminate through your fertile week? Would you recommend some conceive plus too?
Sorry if this is TMI but at the time it felt like most of the semen ran straight out of me confused. I'm feeling so disheartened as not sure if it will work?

moomoo85 Wed 08-Nov-17 08:50:31

@Discotastic

We went for ever other day and did use conceive plus. Also measuring your bbt can help if you don't already. I thought that I would be ovulating at a particular point (as a regular cycle) but when I started temping found that it was actually 5 days later.

Discotastic Wed 08-Nov-17 10:53:35

Thanks moomoo85

I haven't BBT this time around, we conceived our son employing the more traditional method .... I have used ovulation tests this time round and monitor cervical mucus so think I'm fairly in tune with my cycle - but I think I will temp again to be sure.

I'm deeply frustrated we managed to get pregnant unexpectedly after one night of random passion when we weren't even really trying this year, but sadly ended in a miscarriage. Since them my DH has struggled with ejaculation through intercourse and it has all become so difficult and pressurised. sad

Did you add the conceive plus to the syringe with the semen? Do you think it helped everything stay in situ?

moomoo85 Wed 08-Nov-17 12:56:06

I put it in before hand rather than mixed it in the syringe as I wasn't sure that the viscosity of it might impact on the ability for me to put it in.

Derf17 Wed 08-Nov-17 14:15:01

I inserted and released the syringe while having my hips raised up the wall didn’t take syringe out for a few seconds after and I didn’t feel like there was any leakage. STILL waiting to see if it works feeling sick and dizzy at times and can’t stand tea with milk in makes me feel really sick! Feel girly funny type feeling in stomach as well, not cramps but slight discomfort. But taken 3 tests over last 7 days still say negative but also no show for AF either!!! It’s doing my head in just let me know one way or the other!!!!

Derf17 Wed 08-Nov-17 14:16:14

Gurgly not girly feeling in stomach lol bloody predictive text!

Derf17 Wed 08-Nov-17 16:44:45

Well it’s let me know 😢 AF arrived!

Discotastic Thu 09-Nov-17 12:33:26

Thanks for the replies, sorry to hear the witch got you Derf 17.

Maybe next cycle we will both get lucky.

I have another question..... did you and your partners have sex before insemination or did you just get your partners to deliver the deposit so to speak confused.

My DH really isn't keen on this route and wants to keep on trying to ejaculate through sex first, which we've been doing for months with only a handful of successful occasions sad To be honest it has become equally as soul destroying for me as it is him.

Plumplum33 Thu 16-Nov-17 13:49:08

Hello, hope I can join the conversation. I'm in my second month of TTC.
I was only able to meet up with my donor once this month so fingers crossed. Now in the 2 week waiting period.
.'*'-..'*'-..'*'-.baby dust! .'*'-..'*'-..'*'-.

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 11:31:58

Hi plumplum33
I'm a single person trying this method currently in my 2ww. I have been tracking bbt and this morning at 5dpo I had a spike in temp is this normal?
Anyone?
GL everyone

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 11:49:13

I've only been using the stick tests to check my ovulation so I'm not sure sorry.
Good luck xx

Derf17 Fri 17-Nov-17 12:07:20

Angle mummy 17
I don’t want to get hopes up but if temp stays up then I think I read it’s a sign of pregnancy smile google BBT charts will get loads some with what they like if pregnant. Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Discotastic
I personally don’t know as we don’t coz we using Donnor sperm feels wrong to have sex around that time too. But I have read that other people who are in similar situation as you still have sex but for fun and coz they fancy it, then insemitate for conception. Ask your DH to just give it a try a couple of times and if he does hate it diccuss again with him. It might not be as bad/strange as he thinks. Good luck

Discotastic Fri 17-Nov-17 15:34:55

Hope everyone is well,

Experiencing peak fertility today so should probably get busy syringing tonight but I have a cold and feeling meh!

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 15:41:49

Thanks Derf17 I'm really hoping so but trying so hard not to get my hopes up too much.. I'm only 5dpo and already have the urge to test but know it won't show anything up this early.. I've had twinges in both sides and under my belly button around 2-3dpo and frequent bowel movements (daily) which is more than usual I'm not sure if I'm just symptom spotting but I don't think of anything else throughout my days/nights I feel I'm about to drive myself crazy grin

Plumplum33 thank you.. and to u too x

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 15:44:07

Plumplum33 how many dpo are u? X

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:12:24

Discotastic
Excellent wishing you all the luck in the world x

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:14:07

Angel - ovulation was due today however the test was negative this morning but I forgot to test Tuesday and Wednesday so fingers crossed it came early as we inseminated on Wednesday evening. But I will continue to check for ovulation over the weekend. Xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:34:34

Plumplum33
This was my first month tracking anything i was quite lucky to catch my ovulation which was positive on a cheapie opk last fri though negative on clearblue and on the sat both the cheapie and the clearblue where positive by the Sunday both were negative again. But on the sun-mon my temp spiked and that's when fertility friend says I ovulated. I inseminated every day before ovulation from the Sunday prior to it then the mon and wed of this week so I'm really hoping I've caught it too. Are u using any apps to track? Good luck x

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:42:52

Angel- thank you! And I'm using Flo. I wish I was able to see my donor that often however he was only available one day this time around. Fingers crossed for us both.
I haven't looked into the whole temping thing to be honest. Xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:55:50

Plumplum33
My donor is actually my ex partner, unfortunately our little girl was stillborn at 30 weeks and although we weren't together at that time, we have become good friends and he is happy to help me out. I guess I'm quite lucky. I hope you have caught it I really do.. this is my first month but I'm feeling my luck is due to change so I'm staying positive it's just hard waiting, you'd think in this day and age there would be tests that could tell you right away lol xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:56:48

Plumplum33 have u only been testing once a day on opk? Xx

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:57:45

Angel- yes, do you think I should be doing it more than once? Xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 17:04:47

I'm not 100% sure I just read up on it a lot and some folk where testing 3 times a day, I was testing twice after reading that. I used my fmu and then tested again around 5pm. The reason I used my fmu was because every night I'm up through the night to the loo. But if you suspect you've missed your ovulation maybe it's an idea to test twice a day as ur LH surge might just be short.. I would defo recommend temping too I bought 50 one step ovulation sticks and a babymad basal body thermometer for less than £15 from amazon xx

Plumplum33 Fri 17-Nov-17 17:15:02

Angel- thank you for the advice, I'll start testing twice a day from tomorrow. Keep me updated on your journey xx

Angelmummy17 Fri 17-Nov-17 17:16:21

Plumplum33
Thank you! and good luck to you too. Fingers crossed for us all xx

Plumplum33 Mon 20-Nov-17 14:18:03

So yesterday I was sick twice and had a headache, spent the day sleeping. Today I felt better but then felt sick again.
Hoping this is a good sign or just a sickness bug haha.
How is everyone else? Xx

Angelmummy17 Mon 20-Nov-17 19:35:49

@plumplum33 - hi I've not been feeling too great either hoping it's a good thing too. Had a an icky tummy last night and been feeling sick on n off today. I'm not a sicky person (had no sickness last time) so here's hoping.. I had a massive temp drop this morning but I woke up an hour before taking it so I'm assuming it's to do with that or not feeling great.. but I've been googling it all day still not got any answers lol there's a lot of bugs going around here so I'm hoping I've not picked one of them up.
Any other signs?
X

Plumplum33 Mon 20-Nov-17 20:36:06

Fingers crossed for you Angel, I had a hot flush earlier and I'm only 23 haha so just hoping that it's all little signs.
I still feel nauseous sad I'm not a sicky person and was sick twice yesterday.
Xx

Angelmummy17 Tue 21-Nov-17 14:48:59

@plumplum33 - ooh exciting I'll say my prayers for u that it's good news. Today I'm feeling fine, a little tired and a skin break out on my chin.. tested positive on opk this morning n I'm a bit confused as to why that is, any ideas? I'm now 9dpo x

Plumplum33 Tue 21-Nov-17 17:12:09

@Angelmummy17 I also had lots of clear cm yesterday in my pants which is different than other cycles, I've never noticed it before. Today I've been having a few cramps but nothing major. I'm only 4DPO I think and just waiting till AF is due to test.
I'm new to all this so I'm sorry I don't know why your opk was positive. Hopefully it's all good signs for us both. Xx

Angelmummy17 Tue 21-Nov-17 18:40:20

@Plumplum33 - I think I might be out I'm having some brown discharge only when I wipe (sorry) though. Been really sleepy today and having major skin breakout on my chin. Hoping I'm not tho. Are u still nauseous today? X

Plumplum33 Tue 21-Nov-17 18:43:40

@Angelmummy17 you not out until AF comes smile stay positive! And no just some cramping today xx

Angelmummy17 Tue 21-Nov-17 18:57:33

@plumplum33 - I know thanks just starting to lose hope I took another opk at tea time and it was negative so not really sure what's going on at all. Still all new to me too though so if AF comes then hopefully I'll be better equipped come next month. Fingers crossed for you.. are you going to hang it out until u miss AF or test at a certain dpo? X

Plumplum33 Tue 21-Nov-17 19:07:23

@Angelmummy17 I was going to try and wait until when AF is due but I may have to test a few days before as I know I'm impatient haha. Xx

Angelmummy17 Tue 21-Nov-17 20:23:01

I'm exactly the same although I have no idea when AF is due 🙈 I'm going to try and hang off until FF tells me I should test which is 1st December. Promising that my temp spiked again today but absolutely dreading taking it tomo now. Keep me posted on your signs and symptoms xx

Angelmummy17 Tue 21-Nov-17 20:23:23

Sorry @plumplum33

Plumplum33 Tue 21-Nov-17 21:05:58

@Angelmummy17 I will let you know how I feel tomorrow smile xx

Angelmummy17 Wed 22-Nov-17 08:58:49

@plumplum33 - woke up at 5 this morning for the toilet and red blood when I wiped.. went back to sleep woke up just now and same again... not really sure if it's AF or not but knowing my luck it probably is sad hope you are well x

Plumplum33 Wed 22-Nov-17 10:18:10

@Angelmummy17 oh no! Fingers crossed its not AF! No symptoms this morning apart from the urge to go to the toilet haha! Hope your ok xx

Angelmummy17 Wed 22-Nov-17 16:46:40

She got me 😭
Now sending out an SOS - so given I ovulated on cd18 and I'm now 10dpo does that mean my luteal phase is 10 days? Is that not a bit short?
@plumplum33 x

Plumplum33 Wed 22-Nov-17 16:58:20

@Angelmummy17 oh no!!! sad always next month smile
I've just had a google because I don't know anything about the usual length but it says that a luteal phase of 10days is shorter than average but you can get a bfp smile xx

Angelmummy17 Wed 22-Nov-17 20:43:02

@plumplum33 - I've been reading up a lot on things today too and from what I've read (unsure of any truth in it) it could still be implantation. It has gotten lighter to the point there is none on the toilet paper (sorry) it's been over 8 months since I last had a period and even back in march it was very scanty.. I'm just not convinced with what I've read today at all. I've put it into FF as AF anyway n it's started me onto a new chart. I'll just go with it n hope for better luck next month..
are you still feeling ok? X

Plumplum33 Wed 22-Nov-17 20:48:37

@Angelmummy17 Fingers crossed that it is implantation smile I had a few cramps earlier but that's all.
I've sent you a PM smile should be in your inbox xx

Kateandcaz Mon 04-Dec-17 09:50:29

Anyone still active on this thread? First cycle down AF arrived yesterday sad on the the next

Discotastic Tue 05-Dec-17 21:16:12

I'm lurking!

Moo8879 Wed 06-Dec-17 13:45:36

@discotastic what's your situation? (Name change by the way ⬇)

Discotastic Wed 06-Dec-17 16:17:52

Hi Moo, DH and I have 1 child together and after a miscarriage earlier in the year we are trying again. Problem is most of the sex we have he can't ejaculate so we are ttc through home insemination- which has been unsuccessful the last 2 cycles. AF is just about to leave.
How about you what's your situation?

Moo8879 Thu 07-Dec-17 22:19:26

Hi @disco sorry to hear about your mc. We are using frozen donor sperm through Cryos AF finished today so will start OPK in about a week hopefully I will ovulate a week Sunday, we have 3 vials per cycle so hoping we can catch an egg on round 2 🤞 wishing you lots of luck

Angelmummy17 Thu 07-Dec-17 23:17:21

@moo8879 I’m still here I’m on my 2nd month ttc I had my high smiley today but have been inseminating for the whole of this week, tonight and will continue to do so in the coming days.. my opks and temp have been all over the place the ICs have been relatively positive since cd12 I’m on cd 16 now and only tonight did I get my smiley.. 🤞 crossed for us all x

Moo8879 Fri 08-Dec-17 08:31:35

@angelmummy17 sending you lots of luck and baby dust, you seem to have covered all bases! 1 has to stick for you

Fishface77 Fri 08-Dec-17 09:14:06

Can I give a small tip?
Sperm can live 3-5 days after insemination.
So insert a moon cup after. This stops in dribbling out.
Also use a bladder syringe (available on the internet). The longer "spout" means it goes in further.
Good luck to you all.

Angelmummy17 Sat 09-Dec-17 00:00:49

@moo hi today I got my peak fertility smiley so again inseminated tonight will do one tomorrow morning too and Sunday, not sure about Monday what do you think? What cd are you on? Good luck to you too fingers crossed x

@fishface77 have you had success?
I don't seem to have a problem with it dribbling out, it seems to work without a moon cup, are moon cups and soft cups the same thing? I have a soft cup but I'm actually quite frightened to use it 🙈 What if it gets stuck? Lol x

HappyHedgehog247 Sat 09-Dec-17 06:47:59

I've been using a Flex cup which used to be called an Instead cup. You can get them in the US or perhaps online. They are softer, I think, than a mooncup and fit over the cervix. I've tried twice so far and no luck (but I am 42.5!) going to use a bladder syringe as well this month. It won't be time for me to try until 20th.

Moo8879 Sat 09-Dec-17 08:23:43

@Angelmummy17 congrats on getting peak, you seem like you are able to cover all the bases so fingers crossed one works for you. I am CD6 so will start Opks in a couple of days internet cheapies and clear blue. I'm hoping il get peak a week today

Fishface77 Sat 09-Dec-17 16:36:52

Moon cups and flex cups are a similar thing and not me but someone I know used it and a bladder syringe and was successful first time.

Moo8879 Sat 09-Dec-17 20:23:07

Just place Cryos order for delivery on Friday 😨 eeeeek! Cycle 2 here we go

Ketzele Sat 09-Dec-17 20:28:28

Hi all, just popping in to say that my own efforts at home insemination have resulted in a hulking great teenager who is currently playing with her phone on the sofa smile

Good luck, everybody.

Moo8879 Sat 16-Dec-17 12:41:56

Positive opk at 11.30 this morning and peak on clearblue, have 2 frozen vials what time should I inseminate for best results?

gigglepig99 Tue 06-Nov-18 11:56:37

We had 6 months of trying and finding 'conception sex' a massive stress due to DH being on sertraline which decreases the sensistivity and sex drive, not to mention having to complete in half hour time frames because of work/child care scheduling, and it was all becoming too much. We bought the cheap amazon home kits - a cup, a tube, a syringe and it really helped take pressure off. We even had one attempt where due to no babysitter and DC1 refusing to go to bed DH provided the goods while I took DC1 for a walk and then DH took over while I lay with my legs in the air. We now have faint postive line on the test! So here's hoping it 'takes'. Do look into this option - its really quite fun if you take it in the right spirit and it certainly helps take the stress out of conception if you are having difficulties.

ExpectantParent Wed 07-Nov-18 21:35:31

We’re current using one of those kits off eBay. It’s important to make sure all the equipment is sterile. A lot of the stuff comes from China so quality can be questionable so be careful.

We’ve bought two lots of these from
a UK seller. They arrived quickly and appeared to be of good quality.

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273547444237

HannahAmy Wed 14-Nov-18 22:51:42

Hi all, myself and my parter (lesbian couple) are ttc, we have ttc a few times before but have unfortunately been unsuccessful. This time after doing lots of homework we have a little more hope!! I’m due to ovulate on the 21st however I am looking at having a donation on the 19th and then another on the 21st? I have decided to use a a 5ml syringe then a soft cup and some conceive plus this time, fingers crossed for us!! Does anyone have any tips? X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »