Talk

Advanced search

NHS Donor Eggs in Manchester

(1 Post)
Ziggyfairy Sun 12-Mar-17 17:43:12

Hi everyone - my partner and I have our first IVF consultation at St Mary's hospital tomorrow and I'm pretty emotional about it. Mostly because I think I already know what will happen - I found out years ago (I'm 37) that I don't produce eggs, so my only chance of getting pregnant will involve IVF with donor eggs. I'm so worried that we'll be told that the NHS waiting list for donor eggs is so long that we'll either have to find our own donor or go private, which I've discovered is £7k-£8k per cycle. My close friends either have had fertility issues of their own, or are over 35, or live too far away to make a known donor a possibility, and although we could probably scrape together enough cash to go through one private cycle, it would wipe us out and we'd be living dangerously close to the edge.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation in Manchester? Is the waiting list for donor eggs as bad as I think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now