Talk

Advanced search

Clinic advice please

(10 Posts)
user1481663887 Tue 13-Dec-16 21:31:38

Hello,
New to this, I live near leighton buzzard, myself and partner are looking at private ivf as nhs currently won't accept me. I have looked at Create, London womens clinic (Stevenage) and Lister (slough) it's so hard to find trusted reviews I've checked the hfea and they all look ok but reviews are so mixed, does anyone have any reviews they could provide me on them before we spend a fortune we don't have please xx

user1481663887 Wed 14-Dec-16 16:46:00

Can anyone help please x

witchmountain Thu 15-Dec-16 01:41:21

I used London Women's clinic but the Harley St one rather than Stevenage. I was really happy with them - good advice, didn't try and sell me anything I didn't need, and kind staff.

user1481663887 Thu 15-Dec-16 07:52:06

Thankyou so much witchmountain, it's such a minefield we've been trying 6 years now and I'm 36 the NHS won't help and so trying to find a clinic that you can trust is so hard x

basejump Thu 15-Dec-16 21:37:36

I have used Create and the Lister in London in 2013 and 2014 respectively. I didn't have a good experience at Create (told me I wasn't pregnant when I was, just had very low hormone levels and poss ectopic). The Lister was much better, I did get pregnant but miscarried at 6 weeks. Had no complaints about them though. I wouldn't get too caught up in the 'natural' sales pitch of Create, most of their cycles are proper stimulated IVF. I think what really matters is the quality of the lab, and the Lister is better. I felt they knew what they were doing. The nurse was lovely too.

user1481663887 Fri 16-Dec-16 07:19:44

Thankyou very much Basejump, it's so much more helpful getting actual personal reviews from people x

Nicky2468 Sun 18-Dec-16 10:16:06

I used the Lister/Spire this year. Found the whole experience fantastic. Mr Watson and Jackie at the Spire were very professional and caring. I used the Lister only twice (for egg collection and embryo transfer) - they were also brilliant. Couldn't have faulted any of it - worth paying that bit extra to go somewhere like this, with higher success rates. I ended up getting pregnant on my first attempt (I didn't have any fertility issues thankfully - just lacked a man!!). Now currently 26 weeks pregnant with one wriggly baby!! Good luck in your journey X

user1481663887 Sun 18-Dec-16 18:24:25

That's fantastic Nicky, congratulations. I called on Friday and have booked a apt with lister (slough) so fingers crossed really. We have no problems with either of us, is an unexplained which is so frustrating, I thought all this baby creating was meant to be easy 😉 x

Nicky2468 Mon 26-Dec-16 07:46:46

Let us know how you get on then. I found the whole process fine, even on my own. You have to try and see it as an adventure really and be as positive as possible. You're in very good hands there. All the best X

user1483705178 Fri 06-Jan-17 13:09:10

If you consider paying out of pocket, look at overseas clinics (Invicta (Gdansk, Poland), Zlin and Reprogenesis (the Czech Rep) . Clinics offer excellent service and high success rates, and the price is the fraction of what you would pay in the UK. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now