donor sperm choice....down to final two...TALL order deciding!

(6 Posts)
SpottieOttie Tue 02-Aug-16 20:26:36

Would height bother you? If they are 5'4? Because everything else, cinlduing extended pen sketch, sounds so right and I have a warm, right sort of feeling. I dont THINK I am bothered by looks, but me and my wife are 5'10, would a small child feel out of place? I have a feeling I am being totally daft and 5'4 height guys have a perfectly good and full life, but if there are others who are taller (but more of a mediocre fit in other ways) would this be giving my future offspring a better shot of a good time in life? I feel pretty shallow for even asking this, so please dont be angry if it is coming across oddly, I THOUGHT I knew myself to be a not skin-deep kinda gal, and I am now disconcertingly wondering how deep that commitment actually goes....doesn't this whole process bring out funny things about yourself you never knew (and maybe don't like?!?!) Would genuinly appreciate your thoughts - short and good match for fitting into our family in terms of personality, education and so forth or tall and standard/no problem sort of match.....

Gazelda Tue 02-Aug-16 20:31:03

I'd go for the short and good match. Won't the egg (not sure if it's yours or your wife's) have influence over height gene too? (Forgive my shameful lack of biological/scientific knowledge here!)

SpottieOttie Tue 02-Aug-16 20:44:03

Thanks Gazelda. I have no idea, I presumed it was 50/50 or something. But thanks for your reply. I think that is my gut feeling, especially with the open access at 18 thing... I would rather choose somebody who sounds like they will handle that in a grounded way whatever happens then...

blendingin Wed 14-Sep-16 11:31:20

Always go with your gut feeling. We chose our donor on a very strong gut feeling without having seen any of his attributes on paper. His short message to us was succinct, kind and well written. We both looked at each other and knew. 4 years on, he's been brilliant.

fedupoftrying Sat 01-Oct-16 18:23:25

My husband is 5' 11" -his Dd was 5' 3". There are much more important things than height anyway.

BarbarianMum Mon 03-Oct-16 13:14:42

IME it seems that parents worry more about the height of their sons than their daughters. If that applies to you, please remember that sons are never shorter than their mothers, so if you are using your wife's egg any boy will be at least 5'10" full grown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now