Talk

Advanced search

Offer of egg donor, have to decide by tomorrow

(8 Posts)
happyeverafterhome Mon 23-May-16 23:03:01

I've offered an egg donor by a UK clinic after a 6mth wait. She is similar physically to me. She is very different to me in terms of job/ qualifications and interests. I'm not sure why the clinic has taken so long to find me a match as I am a fairly average looking person -nothing unusual, and it is one of the biggest UK clinics. Am I being too much of a perfectionist wanting a donor who is more of a personality / intellectual match? Would you grab this chance, or hold off? I'm aged 47 and have one child already (not donor conceived)

Feilin Wed 01-Jun-16 13:44:30

Grab it. I hope you have.

3rdrockfromthesun Fri 03-Jun-16 18:36:06

Go for it before someone else takes it!

miamiaMo Sat 04-Jun-16 14:18:53

If you undergo treatment with de private, I recommend you do yr search on de abroad, particularly concentrate yr search on Czech and Poland fertility clinics (1-week waiting time for a donor) x

Marmaduke10 Sun 12-Jun-16 22:35:32

Happyeverafterhome,
Did you go with the donor eggs after all?

FrozenAteMyDaughter Thu 16-Jun-16 11:50:41

I realise this is probably much too late but, assuming you have a partner, any child would be likely to have some of his characteristics too. Plus, in terms of job, interests and possibly even qualifications, it is unclear how much of this would be intrinsic to genetic inheritance or is more likely to be informed by environmental factors with, I am sure, some genetic aspects - intellectual and sporting aptitudes presumably are, to some extent, genetically determined.

My feeling would be that physical similarities would be most useful in this situation.

Summerwood1 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:17:04

At 47 you haven't the time to wait around.

PurpleDaisies Mon 16-Oct-17 17:44:00

Bugger off may, we all know you are a spammer. biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now