Talk

Advanced search

probably a stupid question...

(5 Posts)
wife4life Thu 12-May-16 20:08:36

Hi, I'm just starting out the donor baby process. My hubby is just out of treatment for testicular cancer and he's been left infertile. Today I've got a letter from the NHS saying I need To come in for blood tests on day 3-5 of my cycle. So, does a cycle begin again on the last day of your period? I know I probably sound dense but I really don't know what's classed as the 3rd day.
Also if anyone here has been through this process with the NHS how long did it take you from start to finish? I know everyone is different but I'd still be interested to know. Thanks smile

KayJBee Thu 12-May-16 20:11:50

I don't know anything about the donor cycle but whenever I've seen it referred to before, the 1st day of your cycle is the 1st day of your period. The next cycle starts on the 1st day of your next period.

wife4life Thu 12-May-16 20:26:55

Ok great thanks very much

Cally70 Thu 12-May-16 21:57:50

CD (cycle day) 1 is the 1st day of a full bleed. Day 3-5 bloods will be testing your FSH to see how well you are likely to respond to any drugs. Ideally, the number should be lower than 10. Assuming they find a donor for you quickly, & you've already had your session of counselling, you may be able to get started next month. Good luck

wife4life Fri 13-May-16 09:23:40

Thanks for the info. I'm starting this completely unaware of what's going to happen so I appreciate any insights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now