Talk

Advanced search

IUI with donor sperm - the odds don't look good!

(11 Posts)
mycatsloveeachother Mon 14-Mar-16 18:31:08

Any positive stories?

I am so ready to be a Mum!

hopeful31yrs Mon 14-Mar-16 21:05:25

My first DD was a product of donor sperm and IUI. We had 5 cycles - 2 abandoned and 3 inseminations before the final cycle worked. The final insemination was different to the others.

GL!

mycatsloveeachother Mon 14-Mar-16 21:06:38

Thank you! How was it different ? smile

Out2pasture Mon 14-Mar-16 21:15:46

my grand daughter was conceived using donor sperm as my son is infertile. the little one is 6 weeks old.
it took my daughter in law 3 tries, she had few irregular cycles. lots of bloodwork is all I know.

positive thoughts coming your way.

getyourselfchecked Tue 15-Mar-16 09:19:19

Well, I did medicated IUI and it worked first time for me. Does happen. The odds depend on whether you have any known fertility problems, I think. Plus luck and how you respond to the drugs...

hopeful31yrs Sat 19-Mar-16 21:52:07

Just felt different from the beginning. Lots of medication tweaking initially

LauraMipsum Tue 22-Mar-16 21:32:41

My DD was conceived using donor sperm and IUI. Third time lucky. I had acupuncture which I'd always been quite sceptical of previously, but that was the one which worked!

lokijet Tue 22-Mar-16 22:21:06

i had 6 rounds of IUI before switching to IVF ( DS is now 5) but it turned out I had fertility challenges as well as no partner!!

mumofblue Wed 11-May-16 17:36:04

My daughter was conceived by donor IUI - 5th attempt. Lots of tweaking medication. My experience is only n=1 but on attempt 5 I had acupuncture, if nothing else I felt much calmer. Good luck.

Bear2014 Sat 14-May-16 12:16:57

I got pregnant my first natural IUI with donor sperm. Sadly it ended in miscarriage but i guess that's just unrelated bad luck. If you don't have known fertility problems (same sex couple, single women etc) the odds are good. The published success rates include everyone with fertility problems as well.

didiimaginethis Sat 09-Jul-16 16:01:33

I have 2 DC both conceived by donor sperm using IUI. I took clomid each time, got pregnant first time with DC1, took a few more attempts with DC2 - conceived on about the 4th time if I remember right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now