Talk

Advanced search

Will he ever leave ? Really struggling now

(1 Post)
Relocationlocationetc Sun 15-Nov-20 20:09:36

Got decree nisi, trying to resolve finances before decree absolute. Hopefully will agree that kids and I stay in the house for 5 years before selling. I will pay the mortgage as I earn more than he does. He keeps threatening to go to court to try to get an order to sell, but really he is just trying to squeeze more out of me. I predominantly want to stay because DS has really struggled and doiesn't need more disruption.

Aaanyway, this has been going on for 6 months now. Had to issue formal court proceedings just to get him to reply to offers. He is stalling at every stage and the atmosphere in the house is horrendous - clearly taking its toll on teenage kids. V hectic job, but frankly that is less stressful than being at home. He isn't physically violent, but horrendous in every other way (way too long to type here). I don't know why I put up with it for so many years.

People keep telling me "it will be over one day", but it feels never-ending and it's making me ill now. Can't tell people at work because I am the boss and everyone else is so stressed out - you don't need the pilot on a tubulent plane to have personal problems...

It would be nice to hear of others who have experienced / are experiencing similar...

Thanks

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in