Advanced search

What to do? where to live?

(2 Posts)
RoseMartha Wed 30-Sep-20 09:47:22

I would contact the housing association and citizens advice.

Thatgirlcat Tue 29-Sep-20 20:48:41

Hi guys
I've been thinking about separating from my husband for a while. At the moment we live in a council property, but I can't drive. If we were to split I don't know whether to buy some time with him and learn how to drive, or move back to the city close to my work.

Atm I live in a remote village with no transportation and my husband has to take me to work, which really isn't great with our situation. I will be starting to study nursing in January, so I can't stop work and I have 2 little ones.

If I move back to the city the rent would be all of my wages, but I wouldn't need to drive as work is close by, but if I stay where I am now god knows how long I will be stuck in my marriage feeling lonely and depressed. I just don't know what to do. I could exchange my council house, but I've heard it could take a long time (years) before you have the possibility of moving. Please can anyone who has been in this situation give me some advice? I just want to do what's right for my kids and me.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in