Talk

Advanced search

Dating while separated and living in the same house!

(9 Posts)
sunnysunshine40 Tue 08-Sep-20 13:31:29

I've been separated from my husband for almost 6 months and we are still living in the same house, and probably will do for a short while longer yet.
I just wondered if anyone has started dating again while living under the same roof and separated.

I've been on a couple of dates but neither have worked out, and just think its probably best to leave it until things are alot more sorted and settled where I am so I can do it properly.

So if you have dated while separated and living in the same house, how did it go?

OP’s posts: |
NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Tue 08-Sep-20 13:34:11

Please don't. No decent man will want to date a woman who is still living with her husband. All you'll get is someone who is just happy to have a shag.

Likewise, I wouldn't date a man who was living with his wife.

sunnysunshine40 Tue 08-Sep-20 15:04:58

Yes you're so right. My head has very much been in the clouds with this. I've been really keen to meet someone else especially as my marriage had been rubbish for a long time. But of course, most men would assume that I would be looking for a shag when I most definitely am not, because of my current situation.

I wouldn't date a man who was living with his wife, so equally I shouldn't assume that could work well with the boot on the other foot.

I think I'll have to be patient with this and just start dating again when I'm on the other side of all this!

parched Fri 18-Sep-20 11:11:03

STBXH and I still living in same house and will be at least for rest of this year. We have agreed that if either of us were to meet someone then the current living arrangements could not continue.

Flittingaboutagain Fri 18-Sep-20 11:15:47

I think only men who want sex or men with 'issues' would want to get involved with you to be honest as there are plenty of divorced women with no ex's in the mix for them to date.

sunnysunshine40 Fri 18-Sep-20 13:02:58

Yes you're absolutely right @Flittingaboutagain another reason why its best to wait. I'm really not interested in meeting someone just for sex!

Its shit enough as it is without making the situation worse.

Batshitbeautycosmeticsltd Fri 18-Sep-20 13:07:09

Dear god, you're still living with him and married to him and already wanting to jump into another relationship? Just stop! NotSuch is spot on.

sunnysunshine40 Fri 18-Sep-20 13:58:31

I know that now @Batshitbeautycosmeticsltd smile

Things had been so awful for such a long time that I really didn't want to waste another minute! But in reality, I can now see that is definitely not the best idea or the best thing to do blush

Flittingaboutagain Fri 18-Sep-20 14:43:29

You're welcome. You still have processing to do really, you have no idea how you'll feel when you both move out/sell up, have to pack up all the joint things and decide who gets what, live on your own and really remember who you were and rediscover who you are now your marriage has sadly ended etc....you will be dumping a lot of baggage on any potential partner if you don't work on yourself first, alone. You may also attract a bad mate because you haven't explored any baggage.

Best of luck for a happier future.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in